Participate in the November 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 229 total)
  • Author
    joelnal

Thanks so much for your feedback Andrew. I heard those unwanted extra notes but couldn’t really figure out what to do about it. This is so helpful and gives me great direction in what to do. Thank you!

Joel

laurakarr12
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    “Etude in E minor”
    Happy Thanksgiving! I’m thankful for Andrew’s RockClass101, great in-debth teachers, playing tips, and our fun & rewarding challenges.

bibilele
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi, I chose Etude in E Minor and I fell in love with this piece. I couldn’t wait to record it so I ended up recording it in the car while waiting for my daughter. 😀

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lbilkie – Playing sounds great! Keep working on the tricky parts in the B Melody and watch out for speeding up. Keep up the good work!

@laurakarr12
    – Great playing! Great job on the pace and feel 🙂

@bibilele
    – Beautifully played! Keep up the great work!

lisamcc
    Participant

I am a premium member!

Hey all, I’ve attempted 100% speed but get a bit finger tied in the middle…i can do it without mistakes but never with a camera on.. I forget to breathe!! Thanks for the lovely music.. It’s fun to play!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by lisamcc.
    bibilele
    Participant

@Andrew Thanks a lot!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lisamcc – Great playing, Lisa! So one tip, try tapping along and/or counting with the count-in. That’ll help you lock in those pick up notes in time. Also, I want you to slow the tempo down and work on the picado technique. It’s hard at first, but when you get it down, it makes playing much more efficient 🙂

shmu88
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER!

Wow this month’s challenge is NOT easy 😮
    I tried James Bond’s theme, even though it is too hard for my level. Here is the best of my [way too many] attempts. I have a Soprano uke that only goes up to the 15 fret so the horns (variation) and the outro sections aren’t great obviously…sorry about that! I guess I need a new uke…if only there was a prize to win for Christmas …wink wink 😉

Enjoy guys 🙂

Sam

lisamcc
    Participant

Thanks Andrew.. It was only when I watched my recording when I saw my haphazard finger usage! I coukd play it better at 75% but was determined to get the speed up. I’ll take it back again. Thanks

lisamcc
    Participant

I enjoyed that @shumu88, well done!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@shmu88 – Bravo! That was amazing!

null

jbmills07
    Participant

Nice work!

jbmills07
    Participant

@shmu88 I thought you rocked that James Bond theme! Awesome work!

bomarkt
    Participant

@shmu88
    that was awesome bravo👏👍

shmu88
    Participant

Thank you guys for the encouragement! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 229 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.