Participate in the October 2020 Member Challenge – WIN the Islands Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2020 Member Challenge – WIN the Islands Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 230 total)
  • Author
    emiliano
    Participant

@Andrew Thank you for the comment, by the way really enjoyed the halloween songs on youtube, super cool posts!

marni11
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    Unfortunately my recording quality is terrible and it’s been busy so haven’t had as much practice as I want. Happy Reformation Day!

cinichol
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Boy, I soooooo apologize for the horrible audio. Just as I did last month, I waited too long to practice recording (I basically know nothing), and this one came out with some electrical buzz in the background. Last month I didn’t even post, but I’m going to offer this one, as bad as it is, because the time is so late and I’m exhausted from a long week.

Also, Andrew, help! I have performance anxiety. I fall apart, become herky-jerky, sometimes my hands go utterly out of whack, and I can’t even play around my husband. I swear I’ve played this etude a thousand times pretty smoothly through, but if someone’s listening, I suddenly don’t know how to do anything. It’s pathetic.

Do you happen know an old Woody Allen movie–I think it was Annie Hall? In one scene, he’s so nervous trying to put a record on a turntable, it shoots straight out of his hand across the room from the tension LOL. Well, that’s how it is with me. I did takes on this recording in which my hands just utterly fell apart. My finger pressure shifts and sometimes the fretboard suddenly looks like something I’ve never laid eyes on.

I hope it’s ok enough to count.

You’ve probably never had such a nervous wreck of a student.

I will study your recording tips for next month, and just practice recording myself a million times, plus play a million times in front of the hubster. Or maybe I should just seek therapy.

EDIT: oops, I see now that my file didn’t upload. I’ll come back and try again!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by cinichol.
    iyers408

I AM A PREMUM MEMBER.

Thank you for the awesome course on Triple Strum Magic. I am going through the complete course, and am currently doing Tobias’s piece “Out in the North” which is simply marvelous.

Here is the link to my rendition of the etude:

cinichol
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hope this works.
    I already posted a few minutes ago, but my upload didn’t work. I meant to come back with a smaller file or a YouTube file and edit my post, but I can’t find it!

Anyway, here’s the link:

My original post included a long sad tale of no recording experience, some kind of buzz all over my audio, and absolutely raging stage fright. The performance anxiety makes me suddenly play like a complete nitwit.

junkourata

Hi, I’m a premial member. I’m a beginner so I tried Triple Strum Etude!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by junkourata.
    cloud_cactus
    Participant

welp… i was super busy this month that I somewhat forgot about the challenge until recently…like, really recently haha. I learned the A melody 3 days ago and the B melody today so this really is not that good, but at least it’s the easier song haha. i guess i learned my lesson… next time im planning time in my schedule to do these challenges lol.
    -Brinley

maryjanew
    Participant

.Ugh! Late again! I have been so busy this month with work and special projects that I started on this challenge very late.
    I will keep workin on this song and technique. It is so hard!I wonder if I can ask for special dispensation for this entry to be counted??? It is Halloween and I spent the afternoon and evening with my grandkids then dinner with my hubby. AND a few Trick-or-Treaters at the door.
    I am 30 minutes past the deadline. Please? 🙊🧟‍♀️🧙🏻‍♀️
    Oh yeah, and I am in California so its only 9:30 and we get to turn our clocks back tonight so really its only 8:30, right?!? LoL

Anyway, I need lots of work on this. It will be worth it but it’s a very difficult technique to learn.

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by maryjanew.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by maryjanew.
    qiuyan
    Participant

Can I get some feedback on my performance on page 9? I didn’t need that post to be counted as a raffle ticket (because I should have a previous post on melodic etude), but can I still get some feedback on the playing? Thanks!

utemor
    Participant

Good morning Andrew,
    Thank you very much for your instruction!
    I think, I got the point and I have to
    practice a lot!
    I forgot to anounce:
    I am a premium member.
    Have a nice sunday!

b_ukes_101

Nooooooooo. I forgot to record the video. 🙁 oh well…. have to get it this month.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Here is the rest of the feedback for folks on pages 14 and 15.

givingtree89 – Well played! The only suggestion I have is to try to get a little bit more “flick” in the strum attack. Check out the video for a more detailed explanation/demo of this:

marni11 – Sounds great overall! Although it sounds like the audio skipped quite a bit, you may want to look into that.

cinichol – I thought you played wonderfully! Don’t worry about the nerves, it happens to all of us. Check out this article that I wrote with some tips to help combat stage fright. The only thing I’d point out about your playing, is to work towards keeping the form consistent. For example, in the A Melody you played a lot of it with just the index finger instead of ID, TD, IU.

iyers408 – Well played! Technique looks great! Have fun with OITN, it’s a fantastic composition 🙂

junkourata – Well done! So with this technique, you want the attack of the first hit (the strum) to come from the “flick” of the index finger, as opposed to the motion of the wrist – which is what a typical strum uses. Check out the video above in @givingtree89’s post. It explains this in greater detail.

cloud_cactus – Sounds great! I think with a little bit more practice you’ll get it down smoother 🙂

—-

@maryjanew
    – You’ve got a great start to it! Keep practicing. Unfortunately, I have to stick to the deadline rules and cannot count late entries. But, you’ll have 2 more chances for entries in November and December 🙂

@qiuyan
    – Sounds great! Well done on the timing and sustain! Very impressive for such a hard tune 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED THIS MONTH! WE HAD 100 MEMBERS PARTICIPATE! YOU GUYS ROCK!

Steven and I were truly impressed with everyone’s performances this month. This was a TOUGH technique to learn! And you guys rose to the challenge. I’m proud of everyone 🙂

Hope to see y’all in our November Challenge!

Here is a list of everyone who earned an entry for the giveaway. Please let me know if there are any discrepancies.

—-

johanna2509
    johanna2509
    mozcyc
    effortless
    godmustbecrazy
    mark1256
    mark1256
    henri0
    henri0
    rebeca
    Catherine
    Catherine
    qiuyan
    qiuyan
    turkgoose
    turkgoose
    andrewvh
    andrewvh
    sebyul
    sebyul
    shmu88
    shmu88
    marygrace
    marygrace
    mennloo
    cncamacho
    cncamacho
    robinl
    ukesilver
    ukesilver
    marianne
    marianne
    jedart
    lisadmh
    lisadmh
    debb1985
    debb1985
    stianukulele
    stianukulele
    allesyone
    amylilley
    amylilley
    gstriph
    gstriph
    cauer2
    cauer2
    nikolaaa
    nikolaaa
    kittycatlin
    kittycatlin
    brettboy
    brettboy
    patparr
    patparr
    bklynsoul
    bklynsoul
    wongbrown
    wongbrown
    rockmyuke
    rockmyuke
    oldan_
    oldan_
    katazumiri
    bdenham14
    lissid
    newber
    newber
    lyndallk
    lyndallk
    gmflin8
    gmflin8
    pippin105
    pippin105
    rucha11
    rucha11
    lhamilton
    lhamilton
    tsetsova
    tsetsova
    sdorunga
    akukes73
    akukes73
    rufio0
    rufio0
    ukulelee
    ukulelee
    antotonin
    antotonin
    janett75
    janett75
    concan
    concan
    coffeemug
    coffeemug
    nthibode
    nthibode
    laurakarr12
    laurakarr12
    ccwuke
    ccwuke
    goody2shoes
    goody2shoes
    whollyprofit
    whollyprofit
    themccoys
    themccoys
    xarqin
    haroldh101
    haroldh101
    karenj
    karenj
    joannetala
    joannetala
    sebaraedo
    sir_anzalot
    sir_anzalot
    alana_
    alana_
    cyberloh
    cyberloh
    jkulele
    jkulele
    janaq1
    janaq1
    addilein
    addilein
    schaap123
    schaap123
    lisamcc
    lisamcc
    aloooy
    aloooy
    luizaveit
    luizaveit
    stinyuke
    stinyuke
    celia21
    miztaken
    miztaken
    andyrose
    andyrose
    beauke
    beauke
    robinboyd
    robinboyd
    andracass
    andracass
    olemartin
    olemartin
    torung
    misterbones
    misterbones
    ukandrea
    ukandrea
    willymac
    willymac
    kirpuff
    kirpuff
    emiliano
    emiliano
    mademoiselleannette
    pgoody
    pgoody
    utemor
    utemor
    zukulele
    zukulele
    joe150
    joe150
    givingtree89
    givingtree89
    marni11
    marni11
    cinichol
    cinichol
    iyers408
    iyers408
    junkourata
    junkourata
    cloud_cactus

cinichol
    Participant

Andrew, thanks much for “how to calm nerves” link.

Also, I can’t believe I fudged my right hand for the triplet form so badly at the start of my vid. I guess my nervousness was all focused on my left hand lol.

rucha11

Hey!
    Quick Question, the winner is going to be announced this month or next month?

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 230 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.