Participate in the October 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 252 total)
  • Author
    dododudus
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi everyone from France 😁 I really enjoyed playing Blue Moon, its so nice to play

bluewater671

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

wow so much talent in this awesome community! Keep on pushing everyone. I did Blue Moon. Keep up the hard work all!

cncamacho
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Really enjoyed the songs this month–I’ve been learning Moon Waltz and Moon River. Here’s an imperfect but at tempo take on Moon River.

Working on smoothing it out more but happy for any tips!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by cncamacho.
    gstriph
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

So many good performances of this song. I really liked it but seem to bit off a bit more than I could chew…LOL. Anyway… it’s the end of the month.

Jerry

karenj
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s my version of Moon River. At one point I had thought I would craft some sort of Breakfast at Tiffany’s costume, but I don’t think the long gloves would work with ukulele picking. I love this song and it was a fun to learn. I will continue to work on that swing rhythm, but I can’t quite get the original out of my head. Thanks Matt for another great lesson!

I hope you all are staying well.

Take are,
    Karen

annemarie
    Participant

I am a premium member. Thanks , Matt, for the nice arrangement of Moon River.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@ukandrea – That’s awesome that you did that song too, Andrea! But do you mind posting it as a new topic in this forum?

ukandrea
    Participant

@Andrew Sure! I posted it there.
    Good night,
    Andrea

morrieuke1
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMEBER
    Blue Moon by Richard Rodgers art for uke by Steven Warren, another gem Steven thank you!

smudge
    Participant

Hello,

I am a premium member, but I’ve been out of the loop for awhile! Loved playing this song and adding a few embelishments. Thanks! I hope this works.

file:///Users/traceypeschon/Downloads/IMG_1322%202.MOV

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by smudge.
    biancak
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Should have practiced more to correct that the second pull-off pulls the whole string sideways and “off tune”. But busy month so remains as is today, I’m afraid.
    The tune stuck into my head completely 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

@smudge – Can you upload the video to YouTube and share the link?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Here are the rest of the folks on page 11 that we hadn’t gotten to 🙂

dennisdickens – Great job, Dennis! Performance was great overall! I do have one suggestion for you to work. Check out this video that I made for another member a couple days ago. It’s got some tips for working on getting those pull-off licks down with that swung feel.

xavierrahfael – Smooth start with the hat 🙂

Your feel is wonderful and great job on getting that swung feel down! One tip, try to tap along as you play. That’ll help keep you locked into the tempo b/c some of your phrases have a bit of a rushed feel. But if you tap along I think that would stop that.

And I love the backdrop!

janaq1
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi everyone,
    I also feel that the hardest part is making a video. So many attempts and so many mistakes…
    But here it is – my submission for the October challenge.
    Thanks to the Rock class 101 team for all the great lessons!
    Jana

mermaidofca
    Participant

I’m a premium member new at this

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 252 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.