Participate in the September 2018 Member Challenge – Fingerpicking Themed!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the September 2018 Member Challenge – Fingerpicking Themed!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 158 total)
  • Author
    cindy_le
    Participant

Here’s my submission! I forgot how fun these challenges were. :))

yenting
    Participant

Thank you for this beautiful piece, Andrew , I have much fun learning it!

yenting
    Participant

yenting
    Participant

Thank you for this beautiful piece, Andrew , I have much fun learning it!

vidafntn
    Participant

Hi, Andrew,

Once again, I am posting this entry just for fun and for your advice, not to win anything. It is Finger picking etude #13. I wondered if I could get this piece to work on baritone ukulele. Here is my first attempt.

It was very choppy with little sustain. Scrape, scrape scrape! I did not pay close attention to my angle of attack for my fingers of the picking hand on the wound strings. It is hard to break bad habits!

I modified the tabs for the piece. I am much happier with the results.

I just did the redo on it three days ago, so it is not very polished.

Thanks for having a listen to these two videos. Looking forward to your comments on how I could improve.

This is my first time participating. This was a fun one!

ambera

This is my first challenge and first time recording myself. It was much harder than it looks! Anyway, really loving this site and learning this sweet little instrument!

Here’s my submission (a little rough around the edges but the best one I could get… next time will be better!)

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by ambera.
    mayaqatsi
    Participant

feel a bit sheepish posting a dry version of this (well, the roughness and off-timing is the usual 😛 working on it…), even more so after elbo99’s cool progress video (like a lot how you guys also repost following andrew’s feedback) and the WOW 😮 vids by deadbuggy and brett boy!
    rickeymike, 😀 your vid put a big smile on my face!
    oooo i really like that augmented chord ending, andrew, to étude no.13 in your response to deadbuggy

kayleighb

Ah thanks Dave. Not sure if I always hold the uke like that. That seems to be my recording pose rather than my practise pose which is usually half slumped on the sofa haha. Saw you practising on your insta stories, didn’t realise until then you were here too!

kristiansdraguns
    Participant

Cool challenge, made me practice a lot 😀

ukulelesam04
    Participant

Here is my video of etudes number 13 and 14,
    Thanks for this awesome opportunity!

rickeymike
    Participant

Maya, Kris, and Sam – Good jobs all!

ainizhr
    Participant

okay so that’s my video, I’m very sorry, because I don’t have an ukulele, so I play the guitar. I was helped by my friends to sing “all of me” along with the music too. hope you like it. bismillah, I hope I win.

peropata
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

Here is my entry:

iuiuma
    Participant

great challenge for me really. Here is the entry

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 158 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.