Participate in the September 2019 Member Challenge – Next Level Strumming!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the September 2019 Member Challenge – Next Level Strumming!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 134 total)
  • Author
    jinajupiter
    Participant

Wow Stian! Impressive. 🙂

brenna
    Participant

What a hard challenge!!!
    Triplets at 150 bpm…
    But only by pain and fun you will be a better uke player..
    It’s my first attempt.
    Ciao

jinajupiter
    Participant

Bravo Brenno!
    I’m only half-way this exercise. Really hard!
    On the vids on YT I see the players of this style holding their uke or banjolele very high up the chest to keep the strumming arm more or less in the same line as the strings. I tried that and it gets much easier indeed.
    Because of my anatomic model the uke slips all directions so I loose time to go from one technique to the other.
    Maybe I should put the drill into my uke and add a strap button or become an Amazon.

rickeymike
    Participant

What great rhythm, Brenna. And Jina, I’m not even halfway finished the strum course, so there will be no 5 foot two for me.. at least this month, but I will do it.

Just wondering, how would this song translate into meters/centimeters. LOL

rickeymike
    Participant

Fantastic, Stian. Love that sound!

becky7777
    Participant

One and a half meters eyes of blue ricky. Two really has a better ring with blue.😉

The only words I can think of that rhyme with meter already have a funny song of their own song already. lol. So our friends across the pond will just have to suffer singing in a measurement system that’s hard for them to probably visualize. 😁

brenna
    Participant

I tried different harm positions to obtain sufficient velocity on Triplets.
    It isn’t easy..

Andrew
    Keymaster

brettboy – Love the vocal and the comment humor, hilarious! The tempo change from the 1st to 2nd theme was really cool, but I think for practicing, I would keep it steady throughout all themes. By doing this, you’ll be better able to focus on cleaning up the tricky areas. And as always, this comes down to targeting those areas and applying the three practicing steps.

jedart – Here is a video with my feedback 🙂

stianukulele – I shared this with Chris, he and I both loved it! Keep up the great work 🙂

brenna – First off, that uke sounds so good! Second, bravo! Technique looks great, I think the only thing that I would suggest is to practice it at a slower tempo, so that you can focus on cleaning up some of the tricky sections and getting the transitions a little smoother. Excellent work overall!

brenna
    Participant

Thank you Andrew!!!
    I’ll try to play smooter and clean. I’m not yet at my speed objective.
    I hope to convince my son to play a walking bass line on it..
    Ciao

Andrew
    Keymaster

@brenna – that would be awesome!

andracass
    Participant

Ok I know I can do better, ok I know I made a mistake, but I wanted to insert my attempt and continue training. I hope to be able to insert a better one by the end of the month (otherwise I will insert it later). I really like this piece to learn.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@andracass – Way to go! That was definitely the best performance I’ve seen from you this year. Awesome job! I think theme 1, 2, and 4 are great; so I’d approach these with continual practice. But technique & rhythms look good here!

For theme 3, go back and re-watch the mechanics breakdown lesson on this technique. Chris talks about using the index finger to perform the entire technique and to keep your hand in a constant eighth note, up/down swinging motion. Getting the mechanics down should help you tackle this section better.

andracass
    Participant

@Andrew
    Thank you, I will follow your advice and promise to post another registration in a few days.

gaberdude
    Participant

Tada –

ripley
    Participant

I really enjoyed that performance @gaberdude 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 134 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.