Official RC101 Song Request List

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Official RC101 Song Request List

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 553 total)
  • Author
    johnnyrotten

I was literally listening to Alice’s Restaurant yesterday thinking the same thing!

risibilis

It’s a great song and autobiographical as you probably know. I saw Arlo sing this in a gig he played at Les Cousins in Soho, London in 1968 before he’d recorded it and made the movie. It blew everyone away as he related the story of ‘Alice’s Restaurant Massacree’ that lasted 20 minutes or so.
    The challenge for playing this on a ukulele is the continuing chord sequence in which the repetition of the walk up chord sequences would be difficult. It’s very much a guitar song.
    But having said that if it can be done then Andrew and his team of superb players will find a way!

rjn1952
    Participant

Is there anyone besides me who would be interested in finger style tablature for Christian hymns or contemporary Christian worship songs?

wizlon
    Participant

Hound dog.
    Riot in Cell Block Number 9.
    Back in The Night.

malcaraz
    Participant

Please can We have a Tutorial For Ashokan Farewell? Would love to learn this tune as seems ideal for ukulele Fingerpicking.

drhukulele
    Participant

I would love to learn true loves ways by Buddy Holly using finger picking if anyone has any information id appreciate it. Im 62 years old and just started playing a year ago. Im having a great time learning and playing in San Diego.

dangar

I would like to add to the request for Alice’s Restaurant. I played it (used to, anyway) on guitar.

I also would like to see a ukulele version of the theme from The Mandolorian. There are some nice (easy to hard) arrangements out there for guitar.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by dangar.
    gstriph
    Participant

Definitely 2nd Alice’s Restaurant!

paulykid
    Participant

Wow. How cool. He is one of the few I did nit get to see in person.

pippetella
    Participant

Hello! I absolutely love nintendo songs. I would love an arrangement of Delfino Plaza from Super Mario Sunshine or the Pallet Town theme from Pokemon, or something that I could play for my jewish in-laws for passover would be helpful.

Also THANK YOU for the AC New Horizons theme song! I have like, 400+ hours into that game 🙂 I actually decided to buy a uke and try playing because I found tabs to the Roost theme and the AC wild world theme.

malcaraz
    Participant

Hi Andrew –

Would love to learn more Traditional Irish tunes, as well as American folk tunes.

A couple tunes that would be great to learn are:

– Ashokans Farewell by Jay Unger
    – The Galway Girl by Steve Earle popularised by Mundy and Sharon Shannon

Many thanks!
    Melinda

ukenut
    Participant

I’m relatively new to RockClass101, Andrew, but I’m really enjoying the site, instruction and solo uke selections. I would love to learn a solo uke version of Glasgow Love Theme by Craig Armstrong from the film, Love Actually. It is a beautiful tune but has quite a range – probably needs low G?

ethankoenig
    Participant

Hi, im new to premium, and i think that “I’m with you” by Avril Lavigne could make a killer uke arrangement,

dangar

Andrew, please keep on giving us CLASSIC ROCK arrangements by rock groups from the 60s to Y2K.
    and
    I have seen several “attempts” at the Mandolorian Theme on youtube. I think you would do a much better job! Please.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@dangar – We’re working on a full band arr. of a classic rock tune and a solo arr. for a grunge song 🙂 Stay tuned!

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 553 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.