Andrew

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 4,195 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Andrew
    Keymaster

    Friendly Reminder – The deadline for receiving feedback and an entry into the giveaway is tonight at 11:59 PM ET (check your local time zone).

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Wow, thank you so much for your generosity Dirk! Truly appreciated 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @gstriph – Congrats on your retirement Jerry! The uke club sounds awesome! If you get any video from your first performance, please share it here 🙂

    Performance was great! Double check the melody notes in bar 2 and keep chippin’ away at Melody B.


    @janaq1
    – Bravo Jana! Brilliant performance. Pacing and feel were spot on. I’d say time well spent working on playing with the right touch.

    At this point, there’s no obvious critiques to point out. All I can say is keep playing it, focus on the minor mistakes to iron them out, and keep doing what you’re doing b/c it’s working!


    @marianne
    – Wow, Marianne such a beautiful rendition. I really like how it sounds on baritone and the reverb adds a nice warmth to the overall sound. Only thing I’d say is to keep working on that one section, but it doesn’t sound like it will take much work to bring it up to par with the rest of the piece. Really well done, great playing!


    @karenj
    – You did so awesome, Karen! Great performance! My only suggestion is to memorize it so you can focus 100% on your playing. Try working on one section a day. Keep up the great work!


    @anikali
    – You did amazing! It is a very challenging tune, but you played it with great feel and tone. As you continue practicing, work on one section a day. Focus on keeping the tempo steady. Start slow and gradually work it up to speed. Keep up the great work!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @dianna – Keep working on them after the challenge, you can always share an updated version. I;d be happy to watch it 🙂


    @richo_uke
    – I’m def guilty of forgetting to update the tempos after the performances are recorded. Matt’s version is slower than 90, but with that song I’d be hesitant to put a tempo on it as he uses a lot of rubato.

    Your performance was amazing! And side note – your audio and video quality were perfect for this tune. Love the lighting and backdrop! TY so much for the kind words!


    @henri0
    – Great idea to focus on a light touch, if gave your performance of this tune an impeccable grace. Fantastic performance! My only tip is for the ending chord, after strumming it, hold it and let it sustain until it fades, then turn the camera off.

    That’s one thing we learned at music college, everyone would be so ready to get up and move and
    be done once the last note was played. But cutting it short takes away from the performance and makes it look like you want it to be over as soon as possible.


    @abster
    – Another incredible performance, Abhay! 👏

    I have to say, his ability to play w/out looking is an incredibly valuable skill to have. It’ll come in handy when he takes the stage and performs for an audience as he’ll be able to look out and connect with them 🙂

    in reply to: Hello from California (mountains, not beach) #59574
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome Tim! I really enjoyed listening to your performance in this month’s challenge. Glad to have you here 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @firebladetim – Wow Tim! I’m just blown away that you can play THAT well in such a short amount of time. Whatever you’re doing, keep it up, it’s working!


    @akukes73
    – Amazing playing for only 10 days Ash! Def a testament to your progress as a musician 🙂

    As you continue to practice this piece, I’d focus on the areas where legato wasn’t as evident. Practice a little bit slower and try to create as much sustain from one note/chord to the next. Keep up the great work!


    @rafaela
    – You did such an awesome job capturing the mood and feel of this magical piece. I loved it, keep up the great work!


    @dianna
    – Ohh, I like the background animation! And your music matches it perfectly 🙂

    Great performance! Only thing I’d recommend as you continue practicing is to work on one section a day. Go slow and focus on smoothing out all transitions while emphasizing sustain. Excellent job this month!


    @clempek
    – I disagree, I’d say you can def tackle this level of tunes. Your performance was awesome! I have a couple tips to share. First tip, don’t forget to tune before recording. Your C string was a fair bit off.

    Second, as you continue practicing, try one section at a time, but at a slower tempo. Focus on keeping it steady throughout. Overall, I was really impressed this month. Bravo!


    @leslieb
    – Bravo Leslie! A stellar performance, I can def see why your son enjoyed hearing it 🙂

    My only advice would be to focus on keeping the tempo a bit more steady in the B Melody and to double check the timing in the last couple bars of that section. Keep up the great work!


    @kelsey91
    – Welcome back Kelsey! Congrats on your home! I thought you did a fantastic job on all 3 melodies. Great feel and pacing throughout. Well done 👏


    @leb397
    – That was awesome, Louisa! I can def tell you worked hard on it because it shows! Fantastic performance! As you continue practicing, work on one section at a time. Try playing with Steven in the tab player. Focus on keeping timing steady throughout. And congrats on memorizing it, that’s no small feat!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @bibilele – So beautifully played, Bianca 🙂


    @lhamilton
    – Oh no! I hope you don’t catch it and for a quick recovery for the rest of your household. Your performance was beautiful! You captured the magic of the piece 🙂


    @brettboy
    – Wow Brett! An incredible take, masterfully played. I’ll def be sharing your performance in our socials this week ❤️

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @cherry1234 – Excellent playing on all 3 tunes! A friendly reminder, don’t forget to tune before recording 🙂


    @jedart
    – Well done, Jed! My only advice would be to memorize the last 2 pieces so you can focus 100% on your playing.


    @barbecueblack
    – Bravo! Very well played! I’d suggest practicing at a slower tempo to smooth out some of the trickier parts. But also, try to increase the sustain in the h/o & p/o phrases.


    @rgillof
    – Excellent performance, Richard! Great pacing and feel throughout. You aced it!


    @jbmills07
    – LOL I’m amazed that you can play THAT well with so much distraction 😂


    @ccwuke
    – A very lovely performance, Chris. Well done! 👏

    And 5 takes is not bad! There’s been some songs where I easily did 3 or 4 times that lol.


    @mark1256
    – Bravo Mark! This might be my fav performance from you. Excellent feel and tone. You nailed the peaceful vibe of the tune. It was a real pleasure to listen to 🙂


    @qiuyan
    – Beautifully played, Qiuyan! I really enjoyed your performance!


    @The_Bumble_Bard
    – Take 2 was spot on in that part! Well done! I actually think the audio sounded better in the second take then the “corrected” first take. Take 1 sounded “under water” to me lol.

    But you’re playing is constantly improving and I find myself continually impressed with your progress. The only advice I can give is to target the trickier areas by looping them at slower tempos, gradually working them up to speed. Keep up the great work, Rachael!


    @suekulele
    – Lovely performance Sue! I agree w/ @leb397, great feel!


    @hiouke
    – Your performance was great! The one thing I would try is a lighter picking attack. Here’s a video I made a couple years ago for another member, but it talks (and demos) about the diff between using a soft vs. a strong attack and how a softer attack produces a sweeter tone.


    @otzepeng
    – LOL @ the ending! It was a brilliant performance. Great feel and pacing throughout. I really liked your use of rubato in the phrase leading back to the main melody. Well done, Markus!


    @ldarrow
    – That was the opposite of a horrible performance, Linda. It was absolutely beautiful apart from the TV in the background LOL. I love when y’all push yourselves by jumping into more challenging pieces. But I have to be honest – I think you’re ready for this level.

    As you continue practicing, try 16 bar sections per day. Just focus on getting that “chunk” exactly to where you want it. Again, awesome job overall. I am impressed!


    @morrieuke1
    – That was awesome Michael! I’ll let Steven know that he made you sweat a little LOL. Only advice I can offer is to memorize it so you can focus 100% on playing it. It’s def a challenging piece for the left hand!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @shmu88 – So beautifully played Sam! Def gonna share your performances in our newsletter this week 🙂

    in reply to: Hello from Ohio #59499
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, Kat! Happy to have you on-board 🙂

    If you’re new to RC101, I’d recommend starting here. And if you ever need help on the lessons, please don’t hesitate to email me or post questions on the forum.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @misterbones – Wow, Michael! That was incredible and very impressive!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Hi Nelson, I held off on releasing it last week since it opened up with Matt playing “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,” which was the lesson we released on Friday. It’ll be up this week, probably Wednesday.

    We have a lesson on “Last Christmas.” It came out last year 🙂


    @The_Bumble_Bard
    – We’ve done that one too.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @joe150 – Awesome job this month, Joe! Only thing I’d suggest is playing along with Matt in the tab player to work on keeping the tempo a little more steady. Try one melody at a time. Start with a slower tempo and work it up to speed 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @anyon1 – That was awesome Adriana. Good call on adding the effect; it definitely added a bit of magic to your performance, which was beautifully played. You nailed the feel/vibe of the piece 🙂


    @musiclover
    – Bravo, Mary! Let’s break down each of the three songs. First tune, perfect! Beautifully played. Second tune, nicely done too. But I would recommend memorizing it so you can focus 100% on how you’re playing it. One tip: Remember to keep finger pressure held down throughout the entire duration of the slide. That should get those ringing out perfectly. Third song, nicely done! Only thing I’d recommend is keeping the tempo a little more consistent when you transition to the second chord section (F5).


    @The_Bumble_Bard
    – Very cool! Love your creativity 🙂


    @katazumiri
    – Love the change in feel the second time around the A Melody. Really tugs on my emotional heartstrings. Such a beautiful duet, Lena. Well done!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @The_Bumble_Bard – Very cool to see your first try with the tune. Keep at it! I look forward to hearing your final version this month 🙂


    @jgillard
    – Beautifully played Jeremy! I’d def be interested in hearing your final version if you post again at the end of the month 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 4,195 total)