Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
AndrewKeymasterWhat you’re doing is totally fine. And it’s probably the method most folks would follow. This song works really well for a 3 finger approach. Copying your style, that means thumb, index, middle. And mine alters it to thumb, middle, ring. Either work 😊
December 13, 2023 at 6:22 pm in reply to: Participate in the December 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a #59805December 12, 2023 at 4:15 pm in reply to: Participate in the December 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a #59781
AndrewKeymaster@ccwuke – Beautifully played, Chris! Good luck at the gig 🙂
@planetfink – Lovely playing and singing Kathy. I really enjoyed it!
@lhamilton – Gorgeous performance, Linda! My only suggestion would be to keep the tempo a little more intact for the rit. in bars 23-24.December 9, 2023 at 7:31 pm in reply to: Participate in the December 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a #59754
AndrewKeymaster@johanna2509 – Absolutely Beautiful performance Johanna and congrats on 5 years! I feel honored to be a part of your musical journey 🙂
December 8, 2023 at 4:51 pm in reply to: Participate in the December 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a #59738
AndrewKeymaster@firebladetim – Beautiful take played w/ great feel! My only suggestion is to loop the bridge in the tab player to practice keeping tempo steady. Great job overall!
@madz_about_uke – Lovely performance, Madell. Beautifully played and I loved the ending! 🙂December 7, 2023 at 10:57 pm in reply to: Participate in the December 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a #59729December 7, 2023 at 4:36 pm in reply to: Participate in the December 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a #59721
AndrewKeymaster@leb397 & @planetfink – Bravo to each of you on a beautiful performance! The Hanukkah song will be out tomorrow 🙂
December 6, 2023 at 2:55 pm in reply to: Participate in the December 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a #59713
AndrewKeymaster@muzikmama – Loved it! 🙂
December 5, 2023 at 5:03 pm in reply to: Participate in the December 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a #59709
AndrewKeymaster@deadbuggy – Beautifully played, Sara ❤️
And TY so much for your generosity!
December 4, 2023 at 7:48 pm in reply to: Participate in the December 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a #59701
AndrewKeymaster@nat-uke – Beautifully played, Natalie. I hope everything goes well with your husband’s treatments. ❤️
December 3, 2023 at 4:41 pm in reply to: Participate in the December 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a #59696
AndrewKeymaster@The_Bumble_Bard – That’s incredible for one day of learning/practice, Rachael! Very beautifully played.
I really appreciate the kind words. I’m really glad you are part of our community 🙂
P.S. When you are ready to make the donation, please email me the amount so I can update our tally. TY for supporting a great charity!
December 1, 2023 at 3:52 pm in reply to: Participate in the November 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a #59679
AndrewKeymasterTHANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED THIS MONTH! WE HAD 62 ENTRIES! YOU GUYS ROCK!
Hope to see everyone in our December Challenge. December is your LAST CHANCE to win the Kanile’a!
Here is a list of everyone who participated. Please let me know if there are any discrepancies.
——
deadbuggy
deadbuggy
johanna2509
johanna2509
muzikmama
planetfink
planetfink
jgillard
jgillard
rebeca
rebeca
anyon1
anyon1
musiclover
musiclover
katazumiri
katazumiri
joe150
joe150
misterbones
misterbones
shmu88
shmu88
cherry1234
jedart
jedart
barbecueblack
barbecueblack
rgillof
rgillof
ccwuke
ccwuke
mark1256
mark1256
qiuyan
qiuyan
The_Bumble_Bard
The_Bumble_Bard
suekulele
suekulele
hiouke
hiouke
otzepeng
ldarrow
ldarrow
morrieuke1
morrieuke1
bibilele
bibilele
lhamilton
lhamilton
brettboy
brettboy
firebladetim
firebladetim
akukes73
akukes73
rafaela
rafaela
dianna
dianna
clempek
clempek
leslieb
leslieb
kelsey91
kelsey91
leb397
leb397
richo_uke
richo_uke
henri0
henri0
abster
abster
gstriph
gstriph
janaq1
janaq1
marianne
marianne
karenj
karenj
anikali
anikali
nelsonlin2021
nelsonlin2021
sarahd
sarahd
robinboyd
robinboyd
annemarie
annemarie
jayton
jayton
potter
potter
june2020
june2020
lynnzo
lynnzo
richard_siegert
richard_siegert
lmdlinda
lmdlinda
kdeacon7
kdeacon7
jody_hendrickson
jody_hendrickson
denisedistefano
denisedistefano
omaon4
omaon4
ksapp92
ksapp92
kirpuff
kirpuff
maryjanew
maryjanewDecember 1, 2023 at 3:49 pm in reply to: Participate in the November 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a #59678
AndrewKeymaster@omaon4 – Bravo Helga! This is my favorite performance from you to date! Amazing job on the A Melody. The B Melody sounds like it needs just a little more practice to bring it up to par with A. Overall, amazing playing! Great feel and tone throughout the entire tune 🙂
@ksapp92 – Excellent performance Kelby! Perfect job on the 1st and 3rd tune!For the second tune, try playing along with Matt in the tab player for bars 7 and 11. The slides sound a bit off from the notation. Try looping those bars and matching his playing to get it down.
Way to go this month, keep up the great work!
@kirpuff – Amazing performance Sara! You did such an awesome job capturing the mood and feel of this magical piece. I loved it, keep up the great work!
@maryjanew – You played it beautifully MJ! Only thing I’d recommend is memorizing it. Work on one melody at a time. It doesn’t sound like it will take much work tho. Really good job this month 🙂
@denisedistefano – 😊November 30, 2023 at 9:16 pm in reply to: Participate in the November 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a #59660
AndrewKeymaster@jody_hendrickson – Beautifully played, Jody! The one area I’d focus your practice on is the 1st half of Verse 2 – which I’ve noticed has been tricky for a lot of folks this month. That section alone might reflect the comments for needing extra time. It’s quite a finger frenzy! But overall, your performance was lovely. Great feel throughout!
P.S. Don’t forget the premium member tag 😉
@denisedistefano – I think you crushed this challenge! Some of your best playing to date! I’m impressed, Denise! Keep up the great work!November 30, 2023 at 7:59 pm in reply to: Participate in the November 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a #59656
AndrewKeymaster@nelsonlin2021 – Bravo, Nelson! Each month, you continue to impress me with your progress. For this song, I would suggest to work on one section a day, at a slower tempo and focus on keeping the tempo steady and increasing sustain. Both of these already sound great, but I think there is room to improve upon. Also, I’d recommend playing through your mistakes instead of starting a phrase over. To practice this, try jumping in at a random bar in the song and playing from there to the end. Keep up the great work!
@sarahd – Beautifully played! My only tip is to work on sustaining the notes on the A string in bar 7 and 10. Keep finger pressure held down throughout the entire notes duration to increase legato and prevent a staccato sound.
@robinboyd – I disagree, Robin! It was beautifully played. And the fact that you can play it THAT well without proper practice time is a testament to your musicianship.
@annemarie – Beautifully played, Anne! From here, I’d put the majority of your practice time into the first half of Verse 2. For bar 41, try to keep the curve of your fingers intact. In other words, do not cave in at the joints. Well done overall, I enjoyed listening to your performance 🙂
@jayton – Steven did tell me he simplified it, he said it was too hard before lol. Cool that you noticed that! I thought you did really well, your performance was beautiful! From here, I’d put the majority of your practice time into the first half of Verse 2. But I’d also suggest practicing this piece at a slower tempo while monitoring tempo (keeping it steady throughout). Try this approach: work on one section a day. Bit size chucks help a lot for smoothing out harder tunes like this one.
@potter – I loved your performance! You nailed the peaceful and relaxing vibe of the tune, well done!
@june2020 – That’s awesome that you’re gonna perform it this weekend! A Melody sounds awesome, sustain and feel is spot on. So I’d spend the majority of practice time on memorizing and smoothing out Melody B. Good luck and if you get any footage from the event, please share it here 🙂
@lynnzo – Awesome playing Lynn! First tune sounds great! Second tune, try playing along with Matt in the tab player for bars 7 and 11. The slides sound a bit off from the notation. Try looping those bars and matching his playing to get it down. For the 3rd tune, try to keep the tempo a bit more steady. You fingerpicked out of the first chord very fast, but then slowed down a lot in the pull-off bar.
@richard_siegert – Really good job this month, Richard! I can hear your fingerpicking skills are improving 🙂I’d recommend practicing the repeat of Melody A, so measure 8 going back into 1. I’m hearing a bit of hesitation here. And that might be b/c of something I saw a lot when I taught 1 on 1 private lessons. I noticed folks would practice 1 section at a time, then stop. They never practiced going into the next section. So if that’s the case, keep that in mind for future tunes.
I’d also continue practicing the B Melody. Try playing along with Matt in the tab player, 4 bars at a time, at a slower speed, working towards gradually increasing it.
@lmdlinda – So sorry to hear that Linda, my condolences. Your performance for their family will be beautiful and heartfelt ❤️
@jbmills07 – That was a great take, Justin! Sometimes it’s good to sleep on these things and view them w/ fresh eyes and ears the next day. Beautifully played!
@kdeacon7 – Great job Kelly! I think you’ve got a great base established, from here I’d recommend playing along with Matt in the tab player to get the timing down. Try one melody at a time 🙂 -
AuthorPosts