Participate in the October 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    brettboy
    Participant

Salutations Uke Friends

I am a premium member.

Here’s my Little Trouble in Big China video 🙂
    I recruited my dad to play the piano part.
    I’m really happy with our creation tho our timing is “a bit loose” and my playing is “a bit shy of accurate” 🙂

Happy Halloween to all who celebrate!

brettboy
    Participant

Andrew, wore my Mortal Kombat shirt as a nod to your Raiden reference! 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

@barbecueblack – Fantastic pacing and feel! The one thing I’d suggest working on is the big slides in measures 4 and 8. Try to ket the tempo steady with those licks. Oh and double check the form of section C (Melody A). I heard 1 bar too many there.

@anyon1
    – Feel was spot on, Adriana! Well done! Your slides sound great to me. Keep doing what you’re doing and they’ll become second nature before you know it 🙂

@ldarrow
    – You played it with such grace, Linda! Absolutely beautiful. Well done on the techniques too!

P.S. Don’t forget the premium tab 😉

@brettboy
    – I loved it! You and your dad did an awesome job! What I loved most is how different the vibe was between both takes. Music is amazing in that way. We can achieve a completely different emotion by simply changing an instrument or two.

muzikmama
    Participant

“Morning Dew”
    Trying out Soundcloud. Not sure this will work.
    Listen to Morning Dew – Rock class 101 by Musicnthings on #SoundCloud

ldarrow
    Participant

I am a premium member. @andrew thank you for the reminder, do not really know how to edit my original post, so hope it’s ok to add here. Also, thank you for listening to my submission

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by ldarrow.
    bibilele
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi everyone, this time my daughter supported me. Love it that you gave a piano sheet as well. 🙂

johanna2509
    Participant

@Andrew Alright, thank you!

@The_Bumble_Bard
    Thank you! I also enjoy a mix of strumming and fingerpicking in one song, like in Puff the Magic Dragon 😊

Andrew
    Keymaster

@muzikmama – Beautifully played! The only thing I’d work on is tempo, try to keep it just a little more steady. Great work overall!

@bibilele
    – Bravo! Y’all sound amazing together! 🙂

akukes73
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my entry for October. I selected Hourglass as in a addition to being a lovely tune it combined picking and strumming as well as co-ordinating timing with the backing track. The strumming was the most challenging aspect as I usually avoid strumming, but was glad I moved out of my comfort zone gave it a shot!

gstriph
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s a rendition of Morning Dew.

Jerry

Andrew
    Keymaster

@akukes73 – Bravo Ash! Excellent playing on all parts! Your strumming sounded really good! The only suggestion I have is to loop that section just to lock it in a little tighter. Overall fantastic performance! You rocked it 🙂

@gstriph
    – Beautiful performance, Jerry. Great feel throughout. Well done!

rafaela
    Participant

I am a PREMIUM MEMBER.

I always enjoy the songs that are with backing tracks, and I was especially happy to see that this month one of them was with piano! I had piano lessons during all of my school years, which is why I decided to record the backing track on the keyboard as well and with that combine both of my favourite instruments, ukulele and piano. 😊 The end result is definitely not perfect, but I had a lot of fun! Also, since I don’t own an electirc guitar, I recorded the guitar part on the keyboard as well and picked a Pizzicato Strings-Sound for it instead. I hope you like it! 🤭

Thanks for listening, Rafaela 🌸

muzikmama
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback @Andrew. Tempo is needing work. Glad the Sound cloud worked as it didn’t come up on the screen like it does now, initially.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

So, I tried The Hourglass this month. It is a very beautiful tune. I think it’s cool that the songs with backing tracks include the sheet music for the different instruments, like piano and guitar, which I didn’t realize because this is my first time playing with a backing track. I want to get a keyboard so I can try playing the piano part at some point, like some people did. @katazumiri nailed that feat near the beginning of the challenge; I think she played all the parts if I remember right? Really good. As are everyone’s entries this month. 😊

This was only my fifth take, so I’m pretty proud of that, even though there are definitely issues. You might think I’m referencing the tabs on my phone throughout, but in fact I was tracking a pizza I ordered while I was recording. I’m not okay. 😅

I also forgot to turn off a fan before recording. 😣

Sorry, @Andrew, your song was beautiful before I got to it, but thank you so much for the challenge, great music, and fun. 😊

The thumbnail turned out unintentionally amazing. 😅

yukalele
    Participant

Hi Everyone

I just loved your spooky composition Littled Trouble in Big China!

So I decided it was a great Halloween theme tune…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.