Ask Taimane ANY Ukulele Question for Chance to WIN Her Uke!

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Ask Taimane ANY Ukulele Question for Chance to WIN Her Uke!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 197 total)
  • Author
    kathyk19
    Participant

How did you first become interested in playing the ukulele and which figures were your greatest inspiration?

annemarie
    Participant

Hi Taimane!
    So who would you say are your strongest ukulele influences?

Thanks!
    Annemarie

ukeswinger
    Participant

Hi Taimane,
    I am a very late starter to learning the Ukulele and my question is really in two parts:-
    When you first picked up a ukulele and began to explore its musicality was there ever a time or times when you felt like giving up on the learning/practice path;
    and at what stage or time did you reach that Eureka moment, when everything seemed to fall into place and your progression felt more natural and fluent.
    Regards,
    Graham.

tinkeh

Hey Taimane, I’ve started playing the Ukulele this year, and I love it so much, so my question is what made you start playing the Ukulele?
    Keep on strummin’!

mickey17
    Participant

Hi Taimane!
    I have received many “gifts” since I began playing the ukulele!
    I would like to ask you, what do you believe the greatest “gift” that you have received by adding ukulele and music to your life is?
    Aloha! Jill

ukukelley1
    Participant

Thank you to Taimane and Andrew!

Taimane, at your level of mastery, does it still take considerable practice time with new music to get to performance level? Seeing you perform, it seems so effortless and joyful that it’s hard to imagine you in the kind of painful repetition phase of practice I sometimes experience as a beginner.

ddonaldson

What were some key techniques or concepts you had to learn that allowed you to take large steps in your growth as a player?

kimmie6
    Participant

Where I take lessons, we have to perform a song of our choice at the end of each class series. Even though I choose something that I love and really want to learn to play and I practice like crazy to have it perfect, I always have zero confidence on the performance day and become paralyzed with fear. You look so confident and amazing…any tips to get over stage fright?
    Thanks!
    PS I love that you play and dance at the same time. Incredible!

ukuleleyall
    Participant

Hey from Texas Taimane. I enjoyed the short clips of your playing. I just started my musical journey and I will definitely continue following your career. My question is, of all the places you’ve played, what place really sticks in your mind? Whether you played alone, for someone, or a concert.

edward
    Participant

Taimane, Love your playing . I would like to know when you practice Is it for 5 to 8 hours a day? Do you practice like me maybe a hour a day. I would love to be able to play 1/16th as good as you. Big Fan!

lyndallk
    Participant

Hi Taimane

I look forward to you coming to Australia one day! I would love to see you play live.

It seems you do quite a bit of wonderful improvising when you play. What do you think are the best starting points for someone to practice to develop skill in improvising.

Thanks
    Lyndall

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by lyndallk.
    carmeloukes
    Participant

Just super cool!!!! Huge fan here (what ukulele person isn’t? amiright?)

My question: What was the first cover/song you mastered well enough to play for an audience?

Thanks Tiamane! Thanks Andrew for getting this happening!

cyberloh
    Participant

I understand that practice and hard work are certainly important to take us to a higher level, but besides that, is there any smart way to master the ukulele?

jakeypoo
    Participant

Hi, how do you perform so smoothly without making mistakes/have your mistakes unnoticed?

rknauer0526
    Participant

What song brings you the most joy to play and why?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 197 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.