Ask Taimane ANY Ukulele Question for Chance to WIN Her Uke!

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Ask Taimane ANY Ukulele Question for Chance to WIN Her Uke!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 197 total)
  • Author
    bcanup1
    Participant

Hello,

I got to see your amazing show at Panama City. It was great and I got everyone in your group to sign my Pono. My question would be how did you meet your guitarist and percussionist? And as an addition, is the violinist you had play with you in your re-recordings going to be a long reoccurring member?

mahalo!

Brandon

burritobelle
    Participant

At what age were you interested in the ukulele, and what made you want to learn to play the ukulele compared to other instruments? What other instruments do you know how to play? Since what age?

awiealissa
    Participant

What was the first song you’ve ever learned to play on the ukulele?

floridason
    Participant

The baritone ukulele seems a perfect match for your voice. Do you have to transpose music often to get into your desired singing key?

rockclasser
    Participant

Hello Taimane. I am a huge fan of yours by the way.
    What would you recommend to me and to the other beginners of the ukulele for us to be able chucking, plucking and other tricks on playing the instrument efficiently, fast and effectively? I myself am struggling but am trying my best to be able to play songs without stopping because of difficulty in doing these tricks and some chords.
    Thank you and hoping to hear an answer back!

kala_uke
    Participant

How did you learn how to jam with other people (like another guitarist or percussionist)? I tried it once, and I kept losing my pace while someone else was playing.

noblesymphony
    Participant

‘Ello.

How were you inspired to learn the ukulele and what made you choose it over any other instrument?

annamerlin
    Participant

What is the best way to memorize a piece of music for a performance? Thanks

june12
    Participant

Hi Taimane I love your style of playing. How do you first create a new song on the uke? Tune or lyrics?
    Sue K

bkruczynsk
    Participant

Your performance in Panama City, FL was truly spectacular; you are a gifted musician and performer. Who were the top three musicians that influenced you the most while growing up in Hawaii?

truchastrish
    Participant

Hi Taimane,

I see that you play an 8-string Ukulele in some of your performances. How do you manage the challenge of fingerpicking over multiple strings?

Thanks!
    Trish

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by truchastrish.
    dgchristian

What kind of process do you go through when composing new music, for instance, finding a melody that works and turning it into an entire musical piece?

chipkk

I see the Ukelele’s seem to be made with 2 different width necks. Which width do you favor and what advantage or disadvantage do you see in the difference between them. Thanks so much for participating in this forum and in supporting Andrew and his work to share the passion of playing the Uke.

dhwuke
    Participant

How long would you say it took you to become an “advanced” ukulele player?

dinhlien
    Participant

Hi Taimane, how long should my nails be for fingerpicking? And how hard should I pick the strings? Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 197 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.