Ask Taimane ANY Ukulele Question for Chance to WIN Her Uke!

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Ask Taimane ANY Ukulele Question for Chance to WIN Her Uke!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 197 total)
  • Author
    ed_sanderson
    Participant

Hi Taimane,
    Thank you so much for your beautiful music!
    Most music I find for the ukulele, whether it’s classical, pop or folk, is about a minute long at best. How do you stretch it out for a performance?

theandersons
    Participant

Hello Taimane,

Have you ever suffered from performance anxiety and if so, what have you done to quell it?
    My sisters and I are going to be playing at senior/nursing homes and while we know that they
    are really just happy to have us come and won’t care about any mistakes we might make, all three
    of us are a little freaked out about doing it the first time.

Thank you so much! You are awesome!

Laura

zo2580ba
    Participant

Love the Spanish and Flamenco influence in your music. Can you recommend resources for learning these styles and techniques?

nocnyptak

I am delighted watching you dancing&playing and truly admire your style, Taimane. I am sure you will get a lot of questions but if there is any chance to get to this one then I would really like you to show us how you play harmonics (kinda tutorial please). I watched available videos plus Andrews made an effort to demo this but I am still struggling to get it right and clean. I love the sound and Andrew made wonderful arrangements using harmonics so I am absolutely dedicated to practice those. It seems to me that everyone plays it slightly different way though. Perhaps you can add some of YOUR tips how to do harmonics right?

Thanks a lot for your great input 🙂

cyber3d
    Participant

I see your work as more than just a virtuoso. An ambassador is a term that comes to mind. I am mesmerized by your skills as I am sure everyone is. My question is: Are there any musicians that you have not yet collaborated with who would be your dream collaborator? Someone outside of the ukulele world that together you two could just stun the world?

Thanks, Victor

cornishdpt
    Participant

Hello Taimane,

First, I just wanted to say that I loved the clip online that Andrew posted of you playing. I’m a beginner and I am finding it difficult to build up any speed with strumming or clean fingerprinting. I know that I need to be patient, but being a drummer for 25 years makes it a bit frustrating to me. Are there any exercises out specific routines that you use to build up speed?

Cory

lisamcc
    Participant

Hi Taimane,
    Firstly – it was watching your TED performance that inspired me to start playing the ukulele AND inspired by the music you played (Habanera) – I found Rockclass 101! So thank you!!! It has been life changing!
    My question.. I REALLY like Spanish/Flamenco style ukulele and there are very few resources online for learning it. What would be your top techniques that I need to master? (even if I need to use a guitar resource to learn them) Thank you, Lisa

andracass
    Participant

Hi Taimane from Italy!
    How many hours per day do you spend in practice and how many years you needed to become so amazing?
    Thank you, MT

olphart
    Participant

Like everyone else, I am amazed at your virtuosity!
    My question is a little prosaic, (kinda like my playing)…What strings do you favour for your ukes?

brittee
    Participant

I’m having trouble breaking up my practice routine between learning chords, learning songs, or just tooling around on my strum patterns. What do you think is the best practice routine for beginners?

Thanks!

fedindark
    Participant

Hey, Taimane! With what feelings do you associate ukulele, guitar, piano and violin?

chloebibi
    Participant

What is your absolute favorite song you never get tired of playing ?

You’re a very talented musician and i’m just curious as to why your musical passion resonates so strongly with the ukulele than any other instrument?

ateh_g
    Participant

You have so much energy & unique style of playing is very addicting. You’re like The Flash on Uke, lol.

My question is

Does anybody else in your family play uke or other instruments?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by ateh_g.
    simon95

Hi
    I started playing uke to enjoy music while traveling.
    What was your favorite place to play and why? 🙂
    Greetings from Germany!
    Simon

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 197 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.