Participate in the April 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Uke!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Uke!

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 305 total)
  • Author
    citznmag
    Participant

@andrew. Thanks for feedback! I’ve continued to work on Dream a
    Little Dream since that recording and have seen improvement on timing and bar chords. (So exited!). Will definitely get a better camera angle for you. Cheers!

nthibode

I wasn’t planning on trying a Level 3 song just yet, but this one called to me. Here’s to a month of hard (but rewarding!) work with Stand By Me. Nice work everyone!

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

kmelton
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Been a while since I posted, but still working at it! I admittedly got behind schedule this month trying to finish Scarborough Fair. Couple of missed notes, missed transitions, and some tempo issues, but all in all not a bad start for two weeks work.

esimmerman

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I’m new to the Ukulele and butchering this lovely tune, but having fun doing it. Happy to enter this challenge (I could clearly use an instrument upgrade!) and hungry for any advice.

kanae926
    Participant

Nathalie, I’m telling you, you’re the ukulele equivalent of the pied piper! Such a great groove to your playing. It totally captured the Ben E King vibe and your hard work shows!

So amaziiiiiiing.

surfnrz

Thanks Smudge!

lyndallk
    Participant

Hi. It’s always a pleasure to listen to everyone’s submissions.

Here’s mine – In my life

I am a premium member

rufio0

I AM PREMIUM MEMBER

Hello guys,
    This is my first entery 😁
    I hope that I will attach link properly 😂

• This reply was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by rufio0.
    stinyuke

@Andrew thanks a lot for the great comment. I’m already working with the fingerpicking etude no.11 and it really helps to contol my right hand. Even tough it feels weird because I already got used to the other way of playing.

chirimoya
    Participant

I’m a beginner (have been playing for 4 months) and Dream a Little Dream Of Me is so far the hardest piece I’ve played. Also, it’s the first piece I learned by heart. I’m aware I don’t sound nearly as good as others but for me this is a huge step and a fantastic practice! I’m so glad I found RockClass101, I’ll keep exploring this great resource and I’m looking forward to May and June challenges!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by chirimoya.
    nthibode

@kanae926 – Thank you Kanae, you’re so kind! You and I share similar issues (sticky fingers and multiple takes) — it’s nice when we realize we’re not alone. Keep up the good work; I enjoy your videos!

@gaevdl
    , @chirimoya – We were all beginners once too and always have something we can work on. The best part about these challenges is the feedback we get from Andrew and his team. Keeps us moving forward! Uke on!

cyukug
    Participant

@Andrew.
    I was so surprised to see myself in the email. Thank you so much for designing the challenge and all the encouragement.

jlbross
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

here is my submission for April

rickeymike
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

So many great submissions this month. I am humbled….a few wrong plucks, a few sour barre’ chords, and a lagniappe singing at the end.

stevenflautner
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi there, here’s my submission 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.