Participate in the April 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Uke!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Uke!

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 305 total)
  • Author
    cyberloh
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Very busy month and having too little time to play. Time’s up, so this is it.

joe150
    Participant

Hello Joe Brown here. Look forward to feed back on playing , stage fright and marking videos. My first time making and posting Video. I just reduced this file.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by joe150.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Andrew. Reason: Video Added
    joe150
    Participant

What do I do to reduce file size.

llmairalmiquel
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Andrew
    Keymaster

@joe150 – the upload feature is only for photos. Please self host your file.

The upload feature on the site only supports file sizes up to 5 MB. Members must host their own files. Creating an account is easy and free 🙂 Here are the links to create an account:

YouTube (For Video) – https://www.youtube.com/create_channel

SoundCloud (For Audio) – https://soundcloud.com/signin

akshxd
    Participant

I’m a Premium Member
    https://soundcloud.com/akshad0088/a-thousand-years-rockclass101-april-challenge

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by akshxd.
    betsy_manning
    Participant

I feel like I’m in good company as many of you felt just as shakey as me when recording and posting. This was my first time posting for a contest too. After a year!!! (I’m renewing tomorrow.)

So, good on all of us newbies for taking the plunge!

Good luck and happy Uke’ing!!!
    Cheers,
    Betsy

joe150
    Participant

Ok, I got You tube and sound account , done every thing you told me. Sound will not download.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Joe, please copy & paste the url in its own line:

YouTube URL

or

Soundcloud URL

joe150
    Participant

Andrew, you are a good,man. He really cares about all his Rock 101 class member. He taken a great amount of time to help me. We Lucky to have him as our teacher. I going to take sometime to relax and I going to try it again.

odysseus

My entry just in time 🙂 :
    (Premium member)
    A Thousand Years:

fiat-lux
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER !

It’s my first time… Beginner, a bit shy, absolutely not satisfied of my playing, i was not supposed to spread my cheesy performance around the world but that gorgeous Kanile’a puts a spell on me.

lisamcc
    Participant

Hey Uke-buddies,
    Been working on lots of stuff this month, but wanted to record this one – as I LOVE it – it’s such a cute song… and also, I have a tendency to race like a crazy thing, so to play slowly is a challenge.
    Happy May everyone,
    🙂

oh I’m a premium member too…. sorry – forgot that bit

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Andrew. Reason: PM added
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Here is everyone on page 9.

—-

carmeloukes – Here is a video with my tips for you 🙂

stianukulele – Wow! That was an excellent performance! Here’s what my main focus for you would be on for practicing, and this is good timing because I actually just made a video on this yesterday for another member, and it’s on using the right hand to clean up your playing: ie. Muting unwanted string noise. So check out this video and check out this lesson which dives into the concept more.

And I’ll actually link another video below too, that talks about how you can use your left hand to help mute when you switch between chords, etc.

bzediver – Wow, that’s incredibly impressive! I’m definitely going to have to share this on our social 🙂 I don’t have any critiques for you, you are off to a fantastic start. Even your form on barre chords is correct. Again, really impressive! Keep doing what you’re doing. I’m looking forward to hearing your progress!

betsy_manning – Awesome job! Here is a video with some tips for you. And here is the lesson I referenced.

john21403
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I’ve been playing (strumming) for a few years, and I’m finding this fingerpicking soloing REALY HARD! Thanks for the challenge.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.