Participate in the April 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Uke!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Uke!

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 305 total)
  • Author
    ukukelley1
    Participant

Here is A Thousand Years.

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Recording-induced roughness in multiple places, but I feel ok about this one. I actually almost completely memorized it, but there were a couple places I could easily get stuck so kept the music handy for reference. Memorization is something I’m working on, so I was pleased with significant progress there, at least.

I had trouble figuring out how to end without a dial to manage fade — so I added a different ending that mostly repeats the intro very softly. See what you think, Andrew.

Sheryl

zukulele

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    I realized today was the last day of April! I had forgotten to enter this contest, so I quickly recorded A Thousand Years (I learned most of it a year ago), but it isn’t polished.

I’ll try to record a cleaner version when I have time.

rpina61
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

A Thousand Years … sure seems like it. This was a real challenge, and is going to require a LOT more practice … whiffed the first slide … a few hesitations … inconsistent volume … some weak pull-offs … some poor transitions with the muted hits … but is certainly a great song to practice all these techniques because it is so beautiful.

And I finally included vibrato in my playing … which I neglected to use in my performance of Red is the Rose … yay!

Cheers,

Robert

gardn_gnome
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Hi All – End of the month slipped up on me so this has a lot more bad notes in it than I’d like but it was really fun to learn and helped me a lot with my barre chords. Here’s Dream a Little Dream of Me…

borjez

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by borjez.
    morrieuke1
    Participant

Andrew thank you for taking the time to listen to and provide feedback to my performance! You are so dedicated to this rockclass community, and it shows how much you care for all your students! Have you ever thought about a RockClass 101 conference/workshop/convention?

nitsur
    Participant

Hello all, My name is Rustin and I bought my first Ukulele In December of 2018.. so pretty new at it.
    This is the first time I’ve attempted a challenge. So here goes nothin!

Also, all I have to record is my laptop with an AWESOME microphone 🙁

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

joe150
    Participant

Hopefully this will work.

joe150
    Participant

Hope this will work.

malachi

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    Stand by me
    This song was a bit out of my skill level but i enjoyed playing.

k_ra11
    Participant

I’M A PREMIUM MEMBER

What a fantastic challenge! I’m so grateful for this opportunity! I picked up my Ukulele for the first time in many years and decided to give this challenge a try. I definitely bit off more than I could chew, but by the time I realized it, I was in too deep. So I REALLY pushed myself to finish the song. So many things to work on, but this pushed me past my comfort zone in so many ways!

r1ggler

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

“A Thousand Years”

Tricky song. Could spend a lot more time talking about what I did wrong than right but glad a learned it. Great arrangement! Your lessons have had a very positive effect on my playing. Thank you.

Ryan

becky7777
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Used Dream to learn slides, build strength for bar chords, and work on some other stuff since it was a busy month. It isn’t how I’d like it to be and it takes me to my maximum endurance level for my arms so i’ll continue to practice it.

Nat King Cole, Valiente’s bossa nova version, Matt’s version, my friend’s version, and the idea to put a tap dance rhythm or a brushy drum type thing in as percussion was my biggest influences on why I might be sounding a bit crazy playing it. I don’t think I quite nailed jazz..

Everyone’s entries are so great this month! You all are Amazing!

lakeside339
    Participant

Well, best I could do with my beginner, tiny, weak hands, despite practicing all month.
    Cons: plenty of missed chords, notes and the timing is off.
    Pros: I am slowly getting better at bar chords, first full fingerpicking song, I picked up some tips from Andrew’s feedback (like left hand muting to make note transitions – measure 7 – sound better) and I got to listen to a lot of great submissions.
    I am hoping that next months challenge gives a choice of a more beginner type song, but this did push a lot of people. Thanks Andrew and Matt!

I am a Premium Member

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by lakeside339.
    tommyn
    Participant

i am a premium member https://soundcloud.com/user-52928643-479111974/one-thousand-year/s-Mnulg
    i tried to follow the online tab player so i don’t have to turn pages, but got a little bit lost towards the end.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.