Participate in the April 2020 Member Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2020 Member Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 345 total)
  • Author
    sgorsuch
    Participant

Hello,

This was pure torture – thanks Andrew. Learning the song was great, but I have to admit I still am not sure if the triplet timing is even close- it tripped (ha ha) me up for a long time. The hardest part was recording it- i got so nervous – that I had no idea what melody part came next. I should have had the tabs to look at. It was great fun, and the next one should be easier now that I can say that I finally did it-yeah!This forum is awesome- without exception- everyone is super encouraging.Cheers.
    Scott

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by sgorsuch.
    egeluz
    Participant

I am a free member, Thank you!

amandali

hi everyone!
    I decided to pick up the ukulele around when this whole quarantine thing was starting–realized I’d be stuck home for a while and thought I’d use the extra time between online classes to learn a new skill
    it’s been just under a month now and my fingers still feel pretty clumsy, but I thought I’d give this a try
    messed up a little at the end and the timing is all sorts of wonky, but it already took me like twenty tries to get this far and I needed to cut myself off
    would appreciate any feedback!

I am a premium member

sgorsuch
    Participant

Amandali- that was great! I have yet to incorporate my ring finger into the mix- so i am all over the map as to which finger is assigned to each string. Very nice.

timolnz
    Participant

Thanks for your thoughts Stephen….very much appreciated…..am trying to lighten the touch but these large builders hands seem to have a mind of their own…..will keep at.Tim

yooki-h
    Participant

@kanae926 Nice one! So awesome to see you play~ It was a very relaxed and easy going rendition of the song. I liked it : ) I’ve been getting into the learning paths and went back to basics hahahaha.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by yooki-h.
    hawaiihaze
    Participant

I am a premium member.

First entry here. Got through Day-O. One small flub, but I think it’ll do. 😊

Looking forward to winning that Kanile’a uke — their factory is just a few minutes from my house!

egeluz
    Participant

BTW Im obviously beginner entry so thank you!

miztaken
    Participant

I am a PREMIUM MEMBER.

Well I did it, even though I don’t like this type of music… I persisted at Hone A Ka Wai.
    It is a damn good exercise, and I will have to keep playing it because of that.
    Speed 70bpm, uke #10 Eddy Finn bamboo, Living Water strings (because I love these strings).
    I even managed the barred Am up the neck with my wonky finger, and that makes it publishable.

andracass
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here my Loke Lani

juanita
    Participant

I’m a very beginner at ukulele, was quite hard to perform but i’m improving day by day !
    Thank you so much guys for all the great teaching, you’re really amazing.

juanita
    Participant

andyrose
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

One day while working on Day-O, just for kicks, I tried it on my low-G uke. I really liked the sound of that bass note in the call-and-response so that’s how I recorded it. I had to make one change: added a higher G (3rd fret of E string) on the last note of bar 19 to keep the melody. I hope that’s OK!

The performance isn’t great, I know, but this is my first time entering the challenge and I’m very happy to have been able to get through it!

Thanks!

Andy Rose

tric_o_tronic
    Participant

Hi.
    I already had Day O as my entry but I wanted to post Hone a Ka Wai as well, because I just tried to play it.

There are so many great Uke players here! That’s a little bit intimidating, but I try my best.

Edit: I thought about cheating and playing the difficult part just on e and a string but didn’t do it 😉

Hello everyone!My name is Camila i’m from Argentina and I am very happy to have found these tutorials, everything is very clear and I love the song selection
    Thanks for all this great work! Besides, the proposal seemed great to us for the moment we are living.
    I am still very beginning and this draw has motivated me a lot.
    I looked at several entries from other participants before deciding to do mine and I would like to tell you that they are all a great encouragement in learning. Good luck !!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 345 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.