Participate in the April 2020 Member Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2020 Member Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 345 total)
  • Author
    peiching
    Participant

Hello everyone

Here is my entry to the April challenge. These challenges are great, as they help to push myself harder to play the uke properly! Thank you Rockclass101.

jkulele

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my video for Hone A Ka Wai. I have not played in the last 2 weeks so a bit rusty but wanted to get to video done before the end of the month and I wont get another chance before the weekend. Despite being in lockdown I have found myself quite busy with other things and not a lot of time for ukulele 🙁 New resolution to make more time for playing and practising!

planetfink
    Participant

I am a premium member.

I haven’t posted in awhile. When I moved, I fell into a new routine and didn’t seem to have time for ukulele. It feels really good to be back at it. This was a nice tune to ease back into practicing.

laurasil
    Participant

@surfnrz that solo part was dope!! My jaw dropped, I’m not lying. Amazing job!!!

yooki-h
    Participant

My entry into the Rock Class 101 April Monthly Challenge.
    I played Hone A Ka Wai. I would’ve loved to have got Bodysurfing out but the solo has stumped me and at higher speeds needs polishing. Will definitely finish it!

I changed the fingering of the harmonic to play it with just the right instead because my left hand was jumping around so much! I couldn’t really hit it clean though but hope that was okay..

Appreciate any feedback on any of my attempts!
    Good luck to everyone!

Hone A Ka Wai

Bodysurfing
    Uke 1 (pre-solo): https://youtu.be/nkxoEswcBuA
    Uke 2 (pre-solo): https://youtu.be/nqZglidC1Bk
    First part of solo: https://youtu.be/WWdRhr0Iz8s

lhamilton
    Participant

Hi,

Here’s my second entry — Loke Lani.

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

robinboyd
    Participant

Nice to see you again @planetfink

surfnrz

@laurasil ,
    Thank you so very much! I really appreciate your kind words. It was definitely a challenge!

surfnrz

@yooki-h
    Great job on Bodysurfing! It’s a really tough song! You definitely have it in you to get the whole thing together!
    Hone A Ka Wai was really good as well!

planetfink
    Participant

Thanks. It’s good to be back.

karenj
    Participant

I appreciate your feedback, Stephen. And I want to say a big welcome to all the new participants! I’ve enjoyed all of your entries and have also liked checking out the wide variety of ukuleles. The current state of the world is such a nice time to focus on music.
    Stay well.

kirpuff
    Participant

Good job, planetfink. Very cool 🙂 And whatever you’re drinking it looked very refreshing!

planetfink
    Participant

@kirpuff. I wanted it to look like a tropical cocktail, but was really just seltzer mixed with orange juice. It was refreshing though.

ccwuke
    Participant

I am a PREMIUM member.

Wow so many great entries this month, well done everyone!

I had great time learning Bodysurfing this month. Love this song, thanks for teaching it!

It’s still pretty rough but here’s me playing Uke1 along with a Uke2 recording that I also made.

For a slightly more polished performance here is me playing Uke1 with the Uke2 backing track

I didn’t get a lot of practice time for the Uke2 part. Lots to improve on for both parts.

Chris

yooki-h
    Participant

@surfnrz thanks so much for the encouragement! I know I will get it now! hahahah but yeh need more practice.

omgosh man, your furious thumb! insanity! your entry was super nice.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 345 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.