Participate in the December 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    jbmills07
    Participant

@jgillard I can totally relate to that!! lol

jbmills07
    Participant

I am a Premium Member
    I went with “God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen” this month, and it was a challenge as always! lol But, really fun to learn and play!
    Everyone’s performances have been great so far and I look forward to seeing @The_Bumble_Bard updated video because the early version was already really good!

@Andrew
    I donated $50 to Ukulele Kids Club, thank you for the inspiration to do so!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by jbmills07.
    gi_gi_
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Chopsticks on ukulele

Andrew
    Keymaster

@rafaela – You aced the runs in the second tune! Bravo! The performance was wonderful and full of Christmas cheer! And thank you so much for the kind words! I really appreciate it! 🙂

@kidelozzi
    – Wow, thank you so much for your generosity! Truly appreciated 🙂

I loved everything about your performance. The tree, sweater, and hat. And that uke! It sounds incredible! Well played and thank you for the kind words!

@dianna
    – Excellent performance and thank you for the kind words, Dianna! Also, I really like the effect you added to the video. Kinda like watching a comic book come to life lol!

My only suggestion as you continue to practice is to target your practice on the runs in the 2nd song. They are tough!

And thank you so much for your generous donation! 🙂

@marianne
    – Beautifully played and I love the rich and deep tone of that uke even with a capo. Beautiful!

@jbmills07
    – Gorgeous take, Justin! Great feel and finesse throughout.

And thank you so much for your generous donation! 🙂

@gi_gi_
    – Love the YouTube still art work 😂

I thought your performance was great! You nailed the fun vibes of the tune. Well done!

abster
    Participant

I am a Premium Member.

My name is Abhay and I am 6 years old. i started playing Ukulele about 3-4 months ago and I love it. I love Rock class 101 lessons.

I would like to submit my attempt – God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.

I loved learning the piece. I initially found it hard and wanted to give up but my sister helped me out and encouraged me.

I wish you all health, wealth and peace and a very Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

I loved listening to the below submissions. God bless you all!

@rafaela
    @kidelozzi @dianna @marianne @jbmills07 @gi_gi

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by abster.
    abster
    Participant

that was serene! love listening to it!

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@jbmills07, that was such a lovely take! Pretty much perfect. 😊🎄

And thank you! It’s so nice of you to say that. The part I find trickiest in that song is transitioning around the E7 chord in measure 10 – 11. Hopefully I said that right. 😅 I likely will record the second take awkwardly long after Christmas. 😉😅

And @abster, such an incredible job on that same song! Really amazing!

Everyone’s entries were so good and it’s so lovely to read all the kind posts everyone wrote. I think it really says something that everyone sees how special this group is.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, all! 😊🎄

zongozongo

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. PREMIUM member 🙂

Enjoy your Holliday…

dianna
    Participant

Thank-you Andrew! Happy Holidays to all!

katazumiri
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Here is my “I Have a Little Dreidel”
    In the first repeat, as a chord/melody, as Andrew showed. The change of chords is not quite working yet … There is still work to be done.
    In the second repeat as a trio 🙂

P.S. I made a donation of $30 to UKC 🙂

I am a premium Member.

yukalele
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Well, it had to be “All I Want For Christmas” this month. The only trouble was you are asking me to sing – which is not a pretty thing to behold.

Oh well – here goes!

Happy Holidays everyone, whatever your faith…

leslieb
    Participant

I am a premium member.

My goal this month was to memorize the song and play at 70%. Thank you for a fun challenge.

Looking forward to many more.

Life is good,
    Leslie

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@yukalele, I am dead! 😂😅😂😅😂 That is the single most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen in all my days. Every detail, a work of art and true perfection. All that remains is for @Andrew to critique it, but we all know it is flawless. Oh my, I’ll never be the same. 😂😅😂

yukalele
    Participant

@The_Bumble_Bard, we’ll it’s hardly flawless, let alone in tune, but your words have given me heart, so thank you so much!

camper
    Participant

@yukalele Very entertaining .

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by camper.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by camper.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 207 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.