Participate in the December 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@yukulele, haha, of course! It was really well put together but also quite funny because your enthusiasm and hijinx swept me away. 😂😅😂

camper
    Participant

@leslieb I enjoyed listening to your playing.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by camper.
    camper
    Participant

@katazumiri That was some fine playing.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by camper.
    leb397
    Participant

I LOVE this site. The joy it brings me and how I feel like a kid waiting for the next post, it’s the best. @yukalele you have made my day with your piece. I vote that you WIN ! Your special effects with the “green screen” was wonderful. What a great entry. Thank you for sharing. I agree with everything

@the_bumble_bard
    said. 🙂

@katazumiri
    your dreidel piece was great. I’m going to show my grandkids who just learned the song in kindergarten.

@abster
    you should be so proud, as well as your family. Great job.

@gi_gi_
    chopstick was perfect. I think I started learning that a year or so ago but stopped… I’ll go back now.
    I feel like Andrew with my comments but EVERYONE is doing so well. You all inspire me and I’m sure others. My list could go on but I’ll leave it to our leader @Andrew
    Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate and Merry Christmas others.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@abster – Absolutely incredible, Abhay! I just shared it on our insta and fb tonight. Bravo!! 🙂

@zongozongo
    – Very well played! There’s a few minor hesitations, but nothing that a little more practice couldn’t smooth out. It was great overall!

@katazumiri
    – Love the band, bravo! Fantastic performance!

And thank you so much for your generosity 🙂

@yukalele
    – That rocked, David! I loved your performances!

@leslieb
    – That was awesome, Leslie! Congrats on achieving your goals this month. I really enjoyed listening to your cheerful take 🙂

rayne68
    Participant

@yukalele – Your rendition made me smile! While I was listening, I was imagining Jimmy Durante (one of my favorite actors) with a cool accent 🙂 I love that you went all out with the video and outfits, too. Thank you for taking on this song challenge and sharing it with us!

lhamilton
    Participant

Hi,

I tried Waltz of the Flowers this month. What a lovely arrangement!

Linda
    I am a premium member

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by lhamilton.
    janaq1
    Participant

@yukalele, that’s a blast! You have made my day! Thank you. I wish I could rise above the challenge like this.

dianna
    Participant

@ukalele I am officially in the Holiday Spirit now….thank-you for the fun!

marlongas
    Participant

This month I’ve tried to record video and audio and mix it in my iPad with GarageBand and PowerDirector. I hope the sound is better than previous videos but I have to improve the sound and for sure how to play it. Thank you. I a premium member.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@leb397, agreed on all points! 😊 Agreed that everyone’s entries are all so beautiful and unique and I want to comment on all of them, but you said everything I was thinking. These challenges are so much fun and it’s so helpful to read all of @Andrew ‘s feedback, especially on the song you’re working on. @lhamilton and @marlongas, your renditions were so very beautiful!!

madz_about_uke
    Participant

I am a Premium Member.

Made donation to The Ukulele Kids Club, a noble charity.

All I want for Christmas is “Uke” 😁
    Here is my entry for this month’s challenge. While my vocal range is limited, I am going to sing anyways 😉😜.

It’s been fun learning both arrangements, starting with Ashley’s, then picking up a few variations from Evan’s.

Watching and listening to all the entries gives a very Christmas-y vibe. (including the Chopsticks 😊). I am enjoying all of it.
    I wish you all a happy holidays! Cheers!

mark1256
    Participant

I am a Premium Member

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen- take 300

This was much more difficult than I expected. Even though I had it memorized, I just couldn’t seem to stay focused. I probably would have enjoyed finger picking more but I think this is the first time I have played entirely with my thumb.

bibilele
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hello everyone,
    this is my 24th submission in a row. I’m very proud that I didn’t miss a single monthly challenge in the last 2 years. And I wanna say a big Thank you to the team of RockClass101! You do such an amazing job in arranging beautiful songs and teaching these arrangements to your students. I started with strumming and singing (though I can’t sing very good) and I’m very happy that you brought the fingerpicking to me. 🙂

So here is my submission for December:

And for everyone who is interested, here is my summary of the last year with RockClass101:

I donated 50 $ to the Ukulele Kids Club. Thank you for the initiative!

Happy holidays to everyone! 🙂
    Bianca

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lhamilton – That was awesome and I love how that uke sounds 🙂

@marlongas
    – Audio quality and playing was excellent! Well done 👏

@madz_about_uke
    – Awesome singing and playing! Loved it ❤️

And thank you so much for your donation! Please email me with the amount so I can update our tally 🙂

@mark1256
    – That was a great take, Mark! Feel free to play it with traditional fingerpicking if you prefer. But it sounded great with just the thumb!

@bibilele
    – Bravo! Such a fun and festive take 🙂

HUGE CONGRATS for participating in every challenge! I’ve truly enjoyed watching your performances and the recap video was awesome! And I really appreciate your kind words!

And a big thanks for your generosity, Bianca!!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 207 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.