Participate in the July 2019 Member Challenge – Summer Blockbusters!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2019 Member Challenge – Summer Blockbusters!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    brenna
    Participant

Ale thanks..

donovan

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    STRANGER THINGS
    I’m 9, a self-taught beginner who just joined basic in June and PREMIUM in July. This is my second Rock Class 101 piece, and the first for the July Challenge. I will also try Sponge Bob this month. I love playing music and learning new techniques. Picking is new for me, and camping is really new for me- sort of hurts my fingers because I bite my nails. I hope you like my efforts.
    I just started my YOUTUBE channel for this, and you can see how I used to play there in the play list. You’re helping me really grow my playing!

donovan

Meant VAMPING not camping 😹😹😹

becky7777
    Participant

That was awesome donovan! I’m working on the same song 😁 Congratulations on premium too, your ukulele is beautiful!

You might want to play in a chair or sofa that lets your left arm have space to move, and so your elbows can be in a more natural position.

I have to play with both elbows against my sides from injuries so I guess I am super sensitive to seeing it and don’t want you to hurt yourself.

Anyway great job on Stranger Things!

aquatopaz
    Participant

I am a Premium Member

becky7777
    Participant

I’m making sure I have this correct. Figured I’d ask since I can’t sleep.

To play stranger things with a metronome along with each beat, I set it to 200 bpm for full speed? I hope it’s not 300 or there’s no way I’m getting my fingers to move that fast.

I am up to 140 bpm but I trip myself up a lot at bar 9 when I have to switch to fret 3 and 7 and 5 to play that variation on low G. (I need to focus there for a bit.)

Changing the high g string notes to the 3rd fret high g note makes for a lot of steady finger movement in this song!

robinboyd
    Participant

Actually, it’s 400. 100bpm = 100 1/4 notes per minute. Stranger things is all 1/16 notes. 16/4 = 4. Therefore you need to multiply the bpm by 4. 100 x 4 = 400. Good luck!

becky7777
    Participant

Gah!

I know i’m not getting it that fast….. Maybe I should look up some left hand finger agility exercises after all. Swear I saw some here somewhere but I’m sure I can find something.

Thanks Robin.

I wasn’t anticipating Stranger Things (on low G) was going to be an exercise in shredding. That’s an exaggeration… but it doesn’t feel like much of one to me at this point, lol. I think this is the most left hand finger movement i’ve had to do in any song I picked so far, and getting that g note actually takes more coordination then I thought it would.

I went from 30 to 140…. in a couple weeks… lol. After I get to 200, I only have to double it.

Piece of cake!… -sarcasm 😁

cbaska10

First time participating in a challenge! I am a new member and really enjoyed learning this piece!

planetfink
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Some stumbles, but the cleanest version I’ve gotten so far. I added in part of Andrew’s Cantina Song, so that the medley is a greatest hits of the most recognizable themes from Star Wars. It was really fun and super challenging to do.

rachelmott
    Participant

Here’s my submission!

lisadmh
    Participant

I’m alsoworking on Star Wars, but here’s Jurassic Park.

It’s the first time I’ve done a song all thumb, so that’s progress. I tried to work on being relaxed and flowy, with limited success I think. Of course, it always sounds so much smoother in my head than it does on the recording. I blame the recording device, lol.

Seriously though, I’d love to be able to smooth things out and sound cleaner…

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by lisadmh.
    rickeymike
    Participant

Lisa, nice going. Oooh, is this an all thumbs song? Maybe I’ll switch to this one. haha

rickeymike
    Participant

Cbaska (isn’t that the name of one of those Star War characters?) Well done!

becky7777
    Participant

I have to change gears completely in that part if I change now, but the high g note on the C string 7th fret and open E lets me play that part I got tripped up on without needing to flail around on the third fret.

I knew that high g note was technically there (at 3-7 & 12) but it didn’t occur to me until now I was right there, because I hadn’t needed to use the ones higher up yet…

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 223 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.