Participate in the July 2019 Member Challenge – Summer Blockbusters!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2019 Member Challenge – Summer Blockbusters!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Becky’s right, big difference! Especially that 3rd melody. You’ve matched the correct feel and now this piece has a hauntingly beautiful timbre. Well done!

BTW, what amp are you playing through? Reverb sounds good!

surfnrz

Thanks so much Andrew! It’s a Fishman Loudbox Artist, incredible small lightweight acoustic amplifier.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Cool! I have the loudbox mini. They are great amps!

misswhitnum

Here’s my submission I hope I submitted this correctly! This is my first time entering a contest! I’ve only been playing since April, so I’m still very much a beginner-any and all tips would be appreciated!

Sorry if it’s hard to hear, I recorded this at the end of the day while I was at work, so there’s probably a lot of ambient office noise

Andrew
    Keymaster

@misswhitnum – Bravo! I’m super impressed, that’s amazing progress for 4 months of playing! Have you played an instrument before?

Left hand form looks great. Your tone is soft and sweet, perfect for the vibe of this piece. The only thing I can suggest is to memorize it. That way you can focus 100% on how you are playing it; which was the big takeaway of this lesson.

If you watch/read through some of the feedback I left members from earlier this month, I talk about how Rubato plays a big role in this piece. That may be something you may want to experiment with.

citznmag
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by citznmag.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by citznmag.
    citznmag
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s a banjolele version of Jurassic Park theme-just because 😊

johanna2509
    Participant

Hey guys! Here is another Jurassic Park theme entry. The melody is so gorgeous! Busy month at university, but I always find the time to pick up my uke. My parents love this song too, after hearing me playing, they rewatched all of the movies haha 🙂

Very excited, I’m new at all these finger picking and I love this program it take me to a new level thank you

misswhitnum

I played piano for a year when I was 6 and tried to learn guitar-basically whatever instrument my older brothers were learning, I also got to take lessons, but nothing ever really stuck! This is the first instrument I’m learning on my own for myself 🙂

Memorization is honestly the HARDEST thing so far. Partly it feels like my brain just refuses to store any new information. Any tips as far as memorizing pieces goes?

Andrew
    Keymaster

@misswhitnum – Check out this post for tips on how other members approach memorizing.

brettboy
    Participant

Hi Uke Friends!
    I learned the Star Wars Medley this month. It was a great level for me. Big thanks to teacher Matt. My favorite part is the that beautiful triplet run in measure 29. I also love the campanella riff in the first section. Hope everyone is having a nice Summer (or Winter for our Southern Hemisphere friends). Love, Brett

ukandoit

PREMIUM MEMBER
    Hello everybody, I’ve been on RC101 for almost two years but I don’t know why it’s the first time I participate to a challenge! May the force (or luck) be with me.

Andrew, I’ll try to improve it, when it’s not 105°F outside and that my computer don’t seem to be about to explode.

(ho yes I play with a Low G string that’s why some notes does not ring out very clearly)

TAKE 2

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by ukandoit.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by ukandoit.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Andrew. Reason: Video Added - Take 2
    laurakarr12
    Participant

I AM A PRIME MEMBER. Theme from Jurassic Park.

Thanks Matt for the arrangement! My son has loved hearing me practice this one.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by laurakarr12.
    mac1984
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

I am a beginner so I went with the Jurassic Park Theme. The lighting is bad but you can hear the song.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 223 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.