Participate in the June 2018 Member Challenge – Classical Themed!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2018 Member Challenge – Classical Themed!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    mayaqatsi
    Participant

Hi all!

Cool to see all the posts on the forum!

So I was thinking this would be a perfect opportunity to try practicing minimizing that finger rub sound (maybe I’ll eventually start a post on that) and being more consistent at tapped harmonics. Failed on both accounts :-PPP was getting a bit more ring with tapped harmonics but don’t always hit it, especially switching to and from finger picking. This is one of the many times where I miss it :-PPP

vidafntn
    Participant

Hi, Andrew,

I decided to post Allegro even though it is not very polished. I can not reach the long stretch in the first bars with the longer neck of the baritone, so I have used alternate fingering for some of the piece.

In the last section, I found that I needed to mute string 4 with my palm. This seemed quite awkward.

As usual, I am not entering to win anything, just for fun. My heart goes out to suzie1. She must be very dedicated to glue her uke back together in order to play. If it were me making the choice, I would like to see her get the prize.

Regards,

Vida Fenton

marielayton

Had so much fun with this! Thanks for the challenge!!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by marielayton.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi marielayton, you’ll need to self host the video, as the site only supports picture sized files. Here is the sign up link for YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/create_channel.

marielayton

Took us a while to figure out how to post this. That was a challenge in itself!! Love Rock Class 101!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by marielayton.
    andracass
    Participant

Allegro. I studied it for only one hour today, but I wanted to test myself even if I had no time this month.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by andracass.
    trmzbg
    Participant

@mayaqatsi nice performance btw

lizzieswolf
    Participant

I finally inished the challenge! Even though I am still not 100% happy with it. But I was too tired to play it one more time.

lizzieswolf
    Participant

I forgot to add the link in the last one.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by lizzieswolf.
    marni11
    Participant

Andrew,
    Okay, thanks! Let me know what you find out!

andracass
    Participant

Allegro, I had forgotten how to insert the file.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hey Marni, I’ll be up there next week. I forgot they were going to NAMM this wkd.

kaizendon

Hi Andrew and all other uke players!

My first ever post in Rockclass 101
    I had been playing the Uke since March, and the U-Bass since June.
    Hope i will continue playing, I had no music talent whatsoever, which I found out since highschool.
    I bought my ukes online (I got 3 already 😀 one concert, one tenor for low g and U-bass). and to my surprise, the U-bass is actually fretless, which to a noob is hard to play…
    I got 2 questions, is hammer and pull-off possible on a fretless? When I press one fret, it lies completely flat on the fretboard.
    Also, for a fretless uku, where should I press my fingers? Right on the fret marks?
    (Btw, I don’t have an amp, so can only record acoustic)

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by kaizendon.
    Stephen

Kaizendon, you play very well! You have more musical talent than you think – and your sense of rhythm is good! You have the right idea with both questions: fretless are typically designed to play on the fret markers. Hammer ons and pull offs take a little more work on fretless, but as you demonstrated with the trill at the end of Canon, both work. Thank you for learning my arrangement and taking part in the challenge!

-Stephen

ukuleleloo
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

Here’s my entry for this month. I’m playing Allegro.

Wasn’t sure where to post this. This is my second attempt at Etude #11 based on Andrew’s comments.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by ukuleleloo.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.