Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 273 total)
  • Author
    jinajupiter
    Participant

Thanks Abaluyot! 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

jinajupiter – WOW! What a fantastic performance, vocal & playing wise! 🙂 You def can sing, that was lovely. My only advice is to slow the tempo down a notch.

Here’s some advice for everyone who’s reading this, and it may seem obvious, but always listen to the original recording, not just our version. This will help you get better familiarized with not only the tempo, but the overall feel of the piece. (BTW – this isn’t directed towards you, just generalized advice)

zukulele – Thought it would be fun to do another “reacts” type video for your performance 🙂

jinajupiter
    Participant

Thanks Andrew, yes I intended to keep the tempo of the intro but was speeding up, cause of all those words, like a horse I couldn’t stop anymore. So I ended faster then I started.

zukulele

Thank you Andrew for your video! I hadn’t realized that I’d added extra beats to the end of the break down. I will definitely continue working on it. Thank you for putting the time in to analyze the recording 🙂

kelsey91
    Participant

Hello everyone!
    I am working on Better Together! This song says beginner to intermediate but it’s one of the hardest songs I’ve ever learned! More because of the different chords. Particularly the F F# G in the chorus where you have to mute the first string with your thumb…
    Also I don’t think I will have time to learn the whole song before the end of June 😳… or if I do I prob would have to record me singing and playing on different videos and put them together. Would this be okay if I only did a partial video for the challenge or does it have to be the whole song??
    Thanks for your help!
    Kelsey

brenna
    Participant

Hallo!!!
    For June i started to study Tonight you belong to me but when i tryed Wipe out I realized that it’s perfect for my ukulele sound.. And it’s so funny!!!
    This is my Wipe Out.
    I hope my son will help me to record a second version of Wipe Out.. I hope.

Ciao

rickeymike
    Participant

jina, zuk, brenna, Wow, you guys are hitting it out of the park! Everyone is doing so well with the June challenge.

lisadmh
    Participant

This is not my greatest work. I apologize. I’m really struggling to get my fingers around it for some reason, and now I’m getting frustrated so I’m posting to take the pressure off!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by lisadmh.
    rickeymike
    Participant

Lisa, Stop making those faces! That was excellent.

marni11

I agree with Rickey, Lisa! That was marvelous!

wongbrown

Here is my submission for June’s Challenge. I was lucky as I managed to record it at Take3 😜which was very unusual. Still some glitches though. Hopefully I will work on them and submit a better version in time. Thanks guys, xx Sheila

lisadmh
    Participant

Great job wong! Sounds good. 🙂

Thanks Rickey and marni! I watched mine without the sound and eeek, I am making faces, lol!

rickeymike
    Participant

haha Lisa, I was playing the part of the parent……. My mother used to all ways tell me to STOP with the faces and go clean your room (or just fill in the blank) LOL.

REMINDER TO LAST FEW ENTRIES: I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by rickeymike.
    lisadmh
    Participant

I Am A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Oops, thanks Rickey! Going to clean my room now….

citznmag
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Boy this one was tough but I enjoyed the process (some of the time😊). Love that I have another complete song under my belt. TONIGHT YOU BELONG TO ME.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by citznmag.
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.