Participate in the May 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN a Kanile'a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN a Kanile'a!

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 278 total)
  • Author
    kanae926
    Participant

Cory, I’m still amazed you play the right handed chord shapes upside down to accommodate being a left handed player (rather than restringing the uke to be lefty friendly). That alone seems like a big challenge. It’s a total mind trip to watch, but so cool.

rickeymike
    Participant

Cornish,kanae,tiff,and I’m sure others: We all knew and memorized ’64. Yes, that was a fact. But to play it without hesitation was near impossible. I’m trying to think of the word that describes that phenomenon.

Lyndal: Check the poster. That concert was the night of my 12th birthday. I asked my dad if I could go for my birthday present. He said no way, that I might get trampled by a riot…you can imagine the quarrel that followed but,of course, I didn’t get to go. My next door neighbor’s father was a military policeman that was doing a security detail for the concert. At his daughter’s request, he brought home a chunk of grass from around the stage and she shared a piece with me.
    So now that you know my age, I had no right to sing about getting to 64, thus the added ending ha.

gaevdl

PREMIUM MEMBER

I had fun with this song! Today was not a good day of playing but I needed to get it in. Thanks a bunch!

brenna
    Participant

In Italy we use to say “Tu sei troppo buono, Stephen”…
    😊😊

juwong
    Participant

p comes my entry. Found this arrangement super challenging which was part of the joy. Took me the full month to get to this level but I’m glad I’m here and will continue to iron out the issues.

Thank you for making this part of the entries of course for the arrangement!

juwong
    Participant

Would help if I remembered the link.

lyndallk
    Participant

That’s a great story Ricky! Can’t remember the month they were here! I’ll be singing when I’m 64 later this year!!!!

soraya06
    Participant

@stephen Thank you so much for your critique and great tips on how to reduce the nervousness on camera ! I will most definitely try to let the camera just roll and play it all the way trough a couple of times and then edit it to the best try, that is such an awesome suggestion that probably will do the trick 🙂 thank you for that and your kind words, i really appreciate all the effort you, andrew and the rest of the RC101 team put into helping us become better players !

jinajupiter
    Participant

surfnrz awesome performance, nice timbre you have to your voice. Are you a guitar player? Because of how you play your tremolos.
    Rickeymike, that was great and I loved the end, it made me smile. 🙂
    So clever how you memorised the lyrics b.t.w.
    Gaberdude, so nice to see your progress. And how you manage to block out the noise from the telly.
    Joe150 happy birthday!

funtime2018
    Participant

/////// I am a Premium Member ///////

I learned quite a bit tackling ‘When I’m 64’. Looking forward to June’s selection! There’s a blooper at measure 27… thank you!

ukemaniak
    Participant

My subscription for the Challenge!

I am a premium member

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by ukemaniak.
    gaberdude
    Participant

@Steven the ukulele is a Moana, solid acacia, built by the German guitar maker Stanford (in asia of course). Seems that they stopped making ukuleles recently, sad to say, but people really seem to like the tone. Thanks for your feedback on my entry.

Enjoying following the entries from all the rest of ya. Fun times.

All the best, from deep in the north of Germany,
    Gabe

chirimoya
    Participant

Boy was this month challenging for me. Being (not such a seasoned) beginner, I sort of learned melody A and was very happy about it before deeply cutting my index finger on the left hand which was a perfect reason to procrastinate learning melody B. I wasn’t even sure I would upload this month because I’m far from satisfied with how it turned out, but decided to give it a shot.
    Thank you so much for this opportunity, I’m enjoying what I’ve learned in April and May a lot and this has been a great progress for me.

stinyuke

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Now I finally made it. In the very last minute. It was a very busy month with a new job, and very little time to practise, that’s why I choose one of the easier songs, but I realised that it’s not that easy how I expected. But it’s still fun to play.

So here is my submission. Far away from what i would like to present:

rickeymike
    Participant

Steeny(Americanized spelling), I can’t find anything bad to say, not that I would in any case. HA. And, you played a 2 minute song in two minutes!

Glad to see you have a new job. Did Jan have success with a new workplace too? Give him my best.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 278 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.