Participate in the May 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN a Kanile'a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN a Kanile'a!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 278 total)
  • Author
    lisadmh
    Participant

Anne, great job. I’m so glad you got one of your songs. An honor to hear you play it indeed.

Jina, thanks. Yeah, let’s say that was intentional, lol.

nthibode

I enjoyed learning Here Comes The Sun this month. I would love to keep fine-tuning it, but I need to prepare for my daughter’s 8th birthday and pack for our family trip to Niagara Falls. Busy times!

As always, keep up the great work everyone! See you next month.

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

lisadmh
    Participant

Great job nthibode! You’ve got that laid back vibe that is so elusive to me. It looks effortless. Thanks for sharing.

annefgodfrey
    Participant

Andrew, you & everyone at Rock Class are the nicest people on Earth! You have helped me at a time of indescribable pain! Thank you.

Still working on 64…to improve & to honor Tom’s memory. There is just no way to thank each of you but to keep going. Rock Class means so much to people all over the globe.

Learning to play the ukulele is why we are all here. The friendships formed in the process have been a blessing beyond words. Much love to all!

nthibode

Thanks @lisadmh! Must be the sunglasses 😉 I’m looking forward to Matt’s live lesson on ‘playing with finesse’; I’m curious to hear what his tips are. What I find works best for me is learning the piece by heart so well that I don’t have to think so much about the notes and can ‘focus’ more on being relaxed, if that makes sense. I also have a tendency to sway to the music a bit and try to keep my hands relatively soft/loose. Hope that helps!

rickeymike
    Participant

Nat, that was so smooth. I love your touch/feel……Love how you can so subtlely (is that a word?) increase the pressure on those repeated strums( i.e. sun,sun,sun,here it comes) !

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by rickeymike.
    nthibode

Thanks Rickey!

jinajupiter
    Participant

Very nice nthibode!

I play for one and a half month now and because I am so much focussing on playing the notes right I forget to relax my hands.
    Some grips are so much firmer then other.
    I noticed that I played almost all notes with the same intensity. And when playing a barré chord I noticed my right hand is also tensing up.
    So now that I am a tiny bit further on my line of progress I am trying to find out where I can use minimum effort instead of squeezing my way though from beginning to end to avoid getting RSI.

So good that you mentioned this!

nthibode

Thanks @jinajupiter! It’s great that you notice the details in your playing and things you want to improve — it gives you something to focus on. Have fun!

brettboy
    Participant

Hi Uke-Stars! Premium here. Ive been practicing this beautiful arrangement of If I Fell all month and I’m now ready to share. I’ll keep working on it because I’m sure I can get it smoother and sweeter. I’ve really enjoyed seeing everyone else’s entries so far! Go Team RockClass!

lyndallk
    Participant

Wow Brett, that is a gorgeous rendition. So much feeling.

kanae926
    Participant

Sounding good, Brett! Nice to see you playing your Feb. challenge prize. 😊

I bought the same model in tenor size last year and recently restrung it to re-entrant tuning, so I think I’ll be using that on this month’s entry video. It’ll be a challenge for me since I’m not used to playing a tenor, but it’ll be nice finally getting to use it. Kinda glad the low G string broke on it. lol 😆

mheiden
    Participant

Thanks for the great feedback Andrew. I really get what you are saying and you playing an example was very helpful. I will apply your advice.
    For the upcoming June challenge I’ll have more time at home–I can’t wait to have more consistency. It makes such a difference for practice and memorization. I’m really loving the ukulele and learning from you!

en_joy
    Participant

Hello! Here comes the sun :D. I’ve played it on my first tenor size uke. I’m still getting used to size, need to lower my action and still have sticky fingers :D. Hope You will enjoy!

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

rickeymike
    Participant

en_joy – nicely played!

Brett – Big fan. Beautiful rendition!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 278 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.