Participate in the May 2020 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2020 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 333 total)
  • Author
    Stephen

planetfink – Great job on this song! You have a great feel, and played very well throughout. I recommend going back through and utilizing Tobias’s techniques and specific finger patterns. If this seems like way too much to do at the moment, go back to the beginning of Melody B and double check the rhythm of the first measure. Listen to the playback to make sure you aren’t rushing through the rhythm there. Very nice work on this one, and I enjoyed the ocean view!

uku_on – Very nice job on this one! Your playing is very consistent throughout, and your ukulele sounds wonderful recorded with those microphones! Now it’s time to either learn the harder version, or at least add some accents and dynamics to really feel the emotion that Tobias conveys in the original. You’re doing a wonderful job! Keep it up!

robinboyd -That scenery is very beautiful! I very much enjoy these outdoor recordings. You are doing an excellent job on playing this one the hard way; It seems like you’ve practiced this one quite a lot, and it shows! There’s only a spot or two where the melody note isn’t projecting as well as the other notes (mainly right at 0:30). This is a small detail to work on, and may only have affected you on this take specifically. Way to go! Keep up the great work!

lyndallk – Hey, that’s an awesome shirt…and some awesome ukulele playing! Excellent job on your technique, dynamics, and rhythm! Not much to add to what you’re already doing. Keep it up!

verity2003 – This is a great tempo for where you are at! I think your next goal at this tempo should be to play the notes more smoothly and connected (legato) rather than separated (legato). To do this, make sure to leave the left hand fingers down for the full duration of the notes, and make sure that the plucking hand doesn’t stop the notes from ringing out. You are off to a great start! Great work so far!

johanna2509 – You’re doing a great job! And don’t worry, most of us our guilty of having a “playing face.” You did a great job editing, I didn’t even notice at first! I recommend playing this one a bit slower for now to get through the whole piece in one take. What you are doing sounds very good!

eszti5mail – Great work on this! You have a great flow on this, there’s just a bit more work on a few sections: The rhythm at the start of Melody B is a bit different: make sure to hold the first note out a bit longer before the second note in that measure. The second note starts on the upbeat after beat two. Keep it up, you’re doing a very good job so far!

lisadmh – Wow, Lisa! I’m glad we solved your computer problem, you are locking in with the track very well! Great job on the solo! My only advice is to play just a tiny bit more laid back in certain spots on the main strum pattern: occasionally you are hitting one or two of the strums a hair early. Hitting them even slightly late will help to keep the laid back feel of the song. You’re doing a wonderful job!

oldan_
    Participant

I am a premium member.

So here is my entry for May. Really nice song, surprisingly difficult… I always wanted to play a combination of the 2 melodies, at least my hands wanted to 🙂

barbecueblack
    Participant

Hi
    I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

I enjoy listening to all your entries and find the feedbacks very helpful and inspiring.

This is my entry ‘Out in the North’. I hope the link works.

Best wishes

rickeymike
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

This was one of many takes this morning but only the 2nd take after I changed shirts. Hmmm? I think I must resign myself to not being able to play a melody at 120.

marianne
    Participant

Hey everyone,

Here is my attempt at Out in the North. Not the best take, but it will have to do 🙂

Like you @sgwarren, every time I come to record, my fingers clam up…

Marianne

jedart
    Participant

I wanted to get this entry into May’s challenge even though I’m not ready to perform this piece. Honestly, I thought this would be easy, but it kicked my butt. It doesn’t help that the only low G I have access to is an 8 string.

Here’s my attempt at “Out in the North” with my apologies to Tobias Elof.

ukulelee
    Participant

I hope this works.

I am a premium member.

Thanks!!

Leone

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dryossi

may submission, first timer so hope this works

joe150
    Participant

@rickeymike You really worked hard. I wish i could go by memory as far as you did.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by joe150.
    • This reply was modified 6 months ago by joe150.
    rickeymike
    Participant

thanks, Joe!

oldan_
    Participant

Marianne,

Wish my best playthrough could be like your ‘not the best take’… nice job with the special fingering technique. Couldnt get my head around it.

lisadmh
    Participant

Great job, folks. Lots of amazing takes on Out in the North.

Dryossi, wow, singing and everything! Nice 🙂

Stephen, thanks for the feedback. I think I know the bit you’re talking about. Noted.

gstriph
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Here’s my entry for May – still a work in progress.

Jerry

slr4chums
    Participant

Apologies if this is a duplicate post. I can’t seem to find the first one I posted – it just vanished.
    This is the first challenge I’ve participated in since becoming a member of RockClass101 in January this year. Although it took me about 1,346 takes to make a decent recording of Out in the North – Chord Melody, I think I finally got it.

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

#suekulele

slr4chums
    Participant

I wish my fingers would clam up like that! Sounds fantastic!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 333 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.