Participate in the May 2020 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2020 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 281 total)
  • Author
    dorabr
    Participant

Congratulations to everyone! I’ve been watching some videos and they are excellent. I love these challenges to get out of my comfort zone and grow as a player. Thanks Rock Class for this opportunity.
    I’m only playing only the melody here but I hope in the future to learn the full chord melody, it’s a beautiful song.
    I was tense playing lol I was so afraid of messing up after practicing daily for a while. Good luck everyone!

rickeymike
    Participant

Dora. Nice Job! FYI, I believe that to be eligible for the challenge, you have to play the chord melody. From what you posted, I think you are very well capable of it.

dorabr
    Participant

@rickeymike thank you for your kindness and for letting me know about the chord melody requirement. Have a great day!

verity2003
    Participant

Okay I think this is the right one 😂

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

lakeside339
    Participant

@sgwarren
    many of us (including Andrew) seem to get the recording yips! annoying, isn’t it? But – wow – fantastic job!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by lakeside339.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by lakeside339.
    sgwarren
    Participant

Thanks @lakeside339 😀
    Its SO annoying! I think I’ll employ a hypnotist for next month’s challenge to convince me I AM Jake Shimabukuro 😉

lisadmh
    Participant

Haha, let me know if it works and I’ll give it a try too.

johanna2509
    Participant

I AM PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey all! I am with you all guys, recording is soo hard… Im trying to record for a week or so now…
    but there is always a little mistake, brain freeze, unwanted string noise, forgetting what I am doing…
    I kinda feel bad for it, but I cutted the video. I never wanted to do that, but this piece is the hardest I’ve ever learned so far.
    I will try to get it more smooth and possibly record a better take. There is still a lot to learn.

You guys really nailed Out In The North! So many great submissions.

And… I am also doing weird faces while playing lol.

And another thing I wanted to mention: I am impressed by Andrew playing and counting out the rhythm in this lesson. I literally had to hold my breath haha. And then he said, it was his 8th take (I guess) of trying to count and play it right! Keep up the great work, RC101 tutorials are the best!

lyndallk
    Participant

I think weird faces are required! 🤪

So many great entries everyone! I’m really enjoying catching up with everyone’s submissions!

uku_on
    Participant

@rickeymike Thanks boss

@sgwarren
    Thank you. Believe it or not it was a wedding gift and I couldn’t be happier.
    — It’s strange even with one of the “best” ukes there is I still really want like 3 or 4 more different ukes. The acquisition syndrome is strong.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by uku_on.
    sgwarren
    Participant

@johanna2509 Good job, that sounded really good. Well done for challenging yourself with a harder song!!

@uku_on
    Haha, I know what you mean. I have a major case of UAS. I tell myself my next uke will be the last, then after a very brief honeymoon period I’m on looking for my next one!! I’ve convinced myself it’s ok to have a collection. Different ukes/tonewoods are good for different songs and styles (now I just need to convince my wife of that!)
    AMAZING wedding gift though! I got a toaster – I think you win 😜

anirbaf
    Participant

woah it’s great to see everyone’s playing!
    I’ve been practicing the pineapple blues but now that I’ve seen all the out in the north entries imma definitely be learning that, too!! it’s beautiful and actually much more suitable for my melancholic mood these days.
    anyway i hope to be able to post something before the end of the month. wish you all a good time with practicing and recording (:

lyndallk
    Participant

Thanks @sgwarren and @rickymike Very kind of you both. I got new strings and they made me love my ukulele again and I just played a lot!!

Loved your version of Out in the North @sgwarren. Really good!

eszti5mail
    Participant

Aloha! Finally I could record my entry. It was sooooo hard, I tried at least 50 times. This one is acceptable but I just lost focus at the end.
    I’m a premium member.
    Eszter

lisadmh
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I cede. Here’s what I’ve got. It always amazes me how much better it sounds in my head compared to the recording. The recording definitely cuts off the sustain.

Anyway, I feel pretty good about this one. I learned to play with a backing track (thanks Stephen! and thanks Andrew for making it required), I learned the thumb flick up (I usually cheat on that), and I learned to lighten up on the strings a bit (you’re welcome). Not bad for one challenge. There is of course much room for improvement and I appreciate feedback. Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 281 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.