Participate in the May 2020 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2020 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 333 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@gstriph check out @rockmyuke’s take. He did a good job of what I talked about in your feedback 🙂

kkaszuba
    Participant

Thanks, @Andrew! I appreciate the encouragement!

joe150
    Participant

Andrew me playing Out in North without looking at the music.

brightwing
    Participant

@Andrew thanks for the feedback, it’s much appreciated! I’ll have to include holding that first chord of melody B a bit longer in my practice.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@joe150 – much better! Do the same with Melody B and you’ll be rockin’!

@brightwing
    and @kkaszuba – My pleasure!

joe150
    Participant

Thank you Andrew for the kind words, it makes me feel better. I still trying to figure out how to make it sound better. The video , How to make a video helping me understand which microphone to buy.

joe150
    Participant

Thank you Andrew for the kind words, it makes me feel better. I still trying to figure out how to make it sound better. The video , How to make a video helping me understand which microphone to buy.

wongbrown

I am a premium member.

I am submitting Ain’t No Sunshine at 75% speed. I am still working towards 100% speed. It is a challenge for me when it gets to the solo part.I stuffed up at Bar 38 in particular. I know there were still many glitches in my playing but it was the best out of the many takes. I really like this arrangement. Appreciate your feedback😊

schaap123
    Participant

First, just want to say, loving the entries, really enjoy seeing them all! After my early submission of Out in the North I had some spare time, so I decided to take a punt at Pineapple Blues too 🙂 . I know it won’t count as another submission, but I thought I’d share anyway – hope that’s ok. Let me know if not and I’ll stick to one video next time haha. Just too many good songs to learn eh… Anyway, thanks for giving everyone detailed feedback, really appreciate it!

rockmyuke
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    Thank you so much for your feedback. Although I am keenly aware of the need (as well as my desire) to make sure I achieve sustain on chords and notes so they ring out, achieving that is not always easy. I will surely continue to work on that. Regarding the stretching you mentioned, I definitely try to change my hand position to reach certain notes, but given your advice, I will now approach this differently and use your stretching lesson to improve my form and technique.
    Again, thank you very much. I really enjoy your website and it has definitely enhanced my ability and enjoyment of the ukulele.
    Dennis

tric_o_tronic
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

almost missed the May challenge. I just posted at star wars day and suddenly it’s end of May. 😒
    So here is my try of out in the north. Not very good, but I don’t think that it will get any better.

I definitely need a low g ukulele.

sgorsuch
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER….and loving it.

Here is my entry for Out In The North.I really enjoyed working on this tune.

gstriph
    Participant

Andrew

Thanks for the video! I think I was too much into playing it like the lesson and not as much about making music… I’ll try and add that as well as trying to get to the third level. I like this song a lot.

Jerry

Steven
    Participant

Good job @sgorsuch Nice uke too 😉

Andrew
    Keymaster

@wongbrown – Well done, Sheila! I have a couple suggestions for you. First, I wouldn’t come down with the percussive tap using the index & middle. That breaks you out of the fingerpicking/strumming claw shape. So instead, I’d come down with a traditional claw shaped slap (as taught in this lesson).

I’d also suggest playing along with me in the tab player. This will help you stay locked into the groove as my playing will act as a guide.

@schaap123
    – nicely done!! 🙂

@tric_o_tronic
    – Here’s my feedback for you 🙂

@sgorsuch
    – Well done! The only thing I would recommend is to practice at a slower tempo so that you can focus on playing every note/chord with clarity. I know Tobias plays this at a brisk pace, but there’s a lot of clarity and an incredibly relaxed vibe to his playing. And the best way for us to get to that is to gradually work up to it.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 333 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.