Participate in the May 2020 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2020 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 333 total)
  • Author
    sgorsuch
    Participant

@sgwarren Thanks for the kind words.

@Andrew
    Thanks for the encouragement. I will slow it down and try to play it true to the way it was written.I agree- there were a lot of muddled notes.

johanna2509
    Participant

Thank you Stephen for your feedback! I am surprised that there is no other critique on my playing! I’m trying to get a full playthrough but I also wanna go to another song 🙂

dennisdickens
    Participant

Hi, this is my second entry. Out in the North. I am a premium member. Thank you

marianne
    Participant

Thanks for your feedback @Andrew!

nproost
    Participant

I wanted to do out in the north and ain’t no sunshine but I got a tennis elbow after the first week… just able to play again and the month is almost over…

I hope my struggling version of out in the north is enough to qualify for the contest though..

I’M A PREMIUM MEMBER

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by nproost.
    sticks366

Loved Learning this song! I was going through a cross-country move this month so I wasn’t able to practice this song as much as I would’ve liked. Definitely hope to learn the performance version of the song later on.

I am a premium member.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by sticks366.
    givingtree89

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Here is my entry for the Kanilea pineapple tenor! I recently burnt my right index finger and thumb baking (like so many people are doing now in quarantine) so my hands kind of hurt playing unfortunately.

But here it is! This has been fun!

tric_o_tronic
    Participant

Andrew, thank you for your feedback. I will definitely try, especially with this song. It’s not so easy to speed up your playing and let every note ring clearly.
    I hope to show improvement next month.

elealong12
    Participant

Hello Everyone, I love all of the posts so far. You guys are doing amazing! I chose to play Pineapple Uke Blues for my May entry although I did not include the chunks and muted strums. I simply just played the notes. Thanks Andrew for the wonderful lessons and song play alongs. Good Luck everyone!!

surfnrz

@elealong12 great job on this! It’s not An easy song and you did a excellent job on a lot of the difficult parts of it. Very impressive.

oldan_
    Participant

Hey Andrew,

Thanks for the feedback. I am trying to reposition that thumb, maybe next month we will see some results 🙂

smudge
    Participant

Thank you for Pineapple Uke Blues Andrew. It is a great piece and has been a good challenge for me. I will keep working on it!
    (I am a premium member)

ukulelee
    Participant

Hello,

I hope this works!

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

But somewhat deficient in this technology!

lhamilton
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi,

Here’s my version of Out in the North. I tried out the two-finger method for the first part and then played a bit with the rest. It’s far from ready yet (just got the low G ukulele a couple of weeks ago). Next time I record I’ll move the piezo mic — I think it’s likely not in the best spot.

Linda

miztaken
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Out in The North, thanks Tobias for a beautiful arrangement.
    80bpm, beloved aNueNue Moonbird concert uke with (of course) Living Water strings.
    Not perfect, but not bad at all AND I GOT that harmonic!

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 333 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.