Participate in the May 2020 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2020 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 333 total)
  • Author
    wongbrown

I am a premium member

Hi Andrew, thank you for your feedback. I have tried to keep the claw shape and also followed your playing. Still lots of room to improve. Just need more practice. My goal is to play up to 100% speed without hiccups 😊

On another note (sorry not sure where to post this): BIG congratulations to you for crossing the 400 lessons milestone. It is a very great achievement and I am so happy for you. The effort you’ve put in has certainly paid off. No one can do this so successfully without great passion In music and teaching. I am very proud to be part of rockclass101.com and be able to share this good news. I have achieved my milestones in ukulele playing since I joined this website. I am sure many others too. Thank you wholeheartedly 👍😊

riley_ukulele
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi,

There are a few mistakes in the recording, however it was the best recording I could get.

Thanks,
    Riley

santai
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

What a month! I loved this challenge!! Halfway through May I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to finish this song – but I did it! 😀
    I instantly fell in love with this arrangement of “Ain’t No Sunshine” when I stumbled upon @nthibode’s forums thread from back when she learned this piece a while ago. I immediately put it on my to do list for “when I’d be good enough”. Hadn’t you pushed me by putting it up for this challenge, I wouldn’t have dared yet to touch it… So, thank you!!

And now I finally have some time to have a look at all the other submissions so far! XD

mikeramsey2

My version of Out in the North. Still needs some work, but what a fun song to play!

nthibode

That was great @santai — I really enjoyed your singing voice! I know exactly what you mean about challenges pushing you to try a piece you want to learn but are avoiding (this happened for me and Moonlight Sonata). Keep it up and be proud of your progress!

surfnrz

@santai,
    That was wonderful! Very nice singing voice!

coffeemug
    Participant

I love the variety of music offered on this site. Really enjoyed learning this piece!

Edited to add: I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by coffeemug.
    humerosa

Aloha Rock Class community.

This is my first time uploading anything uke-related via youtube and now here, too.

In 2019 I fell completely in love with the Kanilea Platinum Pineapple Tenor and was positively suprised when they announced their “production model”. Of course I could not resist participating in the challenge to have a chance of winning one for myself.

I did not manage the aimed at 120 BPM but despite one minor flaw I’m quite happy with my 80 BPM =). And I will definetely continue playing the song, as I can almost play it by heart by now.

At some point I might also manage not to look like chewing lemons while playing.

A confirmation of my participation in the May challenge would be appreciated ;-).

rickeymike
    Participant

humerosa-very well done, nice slides! Lemon look is for serious players. All we needed was the ending smile- mission accomplished.

Santai, Mike, and Coffee -superb!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by rickeymike.
    humerosa

Thank you very much for your kind words, rickeymike.
    I consider myself a serious uke addict anyway, so why not a “serious” player, too ;-).

coffeemug
    Participant

Thank you, Rickeymike!

kaidunc

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey everyone! I loved learning this piece and its true, it is very catchy. Thank you again for this amazing opportunity Andrew and thanks to Tobias for this beautiful piece!

simonalexander
    Participant

Hey guys. Here’s my “Premium Member” entry into the May Challenge. I had great fun learning performing, filming and even editing this one.
    There’s a little story as to why I worked so hard to learn this piece which, to be honest is right on the upper edge of my ability.
    So, the draw for the Pineapple Ukulele is on July 4th 2020. What you may not know is that the late Bill Withers (the song’s composer) was born on 4th July. And the reason that I know that is because I was also born on July 4th. So it would have felt like a crime not to have at least attempted it.
    Anyway, I hope you enjoy my effort.

lisotta
    Participant

I am a Premium Member.

I realize that I’m playing Out in the North on a high G uke, but it’s only because I don’t have a low G Uke, yet….but if I win a ukulele, then I could have both! Each time I participate in the member challenges I learn so much, so thank you for hosting these challenges and helping me to become a better musician.

holly1

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi everyone, lots of great performances this month again. We have such a committed group, just goes to show how much we are all learning! I am in my 2nd year of playing now and I can’t figure out why I chose Malaguena this month, but I did. It is above my play grade that’s for sure! I can’t tell you how many times I said, “Ug, I will never get that!” or “My fingers can’t move that way.” But none the less I stuck with it and practiced in small chunks. I am actually surprised that I do have it memorized. (I do, even though my fingers don’t know it.) So here is my best attempt after many tries to get something without too many mistakes. I know I can play it a little better, but putting it all together with the camera on makes the nerves really creep in, or maybe it’s me wanting to be perfect. So this is far from perfect, but way further than I thought I would be at the beginning of the month. I will re-visit it in the future for sure! (Oh and please ignore my crazy 15 year old dog who passes by in the background with her diaper on. lol. It sucks getting old!)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by holly1.
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 333 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.