Participate in the May 2020 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2020 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 333 total)
  • Author
    cncamacho
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Here’s my first go at the simplified version of Out in the North. I’m trying to work my way up to speed and to the performance version. Not certain I’ll get there this month, but stay tuned.

Steven
    Participant

@surfnrz Loved it! I loved last months body surfing too and this was just as good. Another excellent performance!! 😁🤙

Andrew
    Keymaster

@cncamacho – That was awesome, great job! One tip, try adding a pull-off every time you have 1 to 0 on the E string (both melodies). It’ll add a subtle texture to your playing, kinda like when you add sprinkles to ice cream 🙂

willymac
    Participant

@cncamacho Good job. I enjoyed listening to that, thanks.

rufio0

I fell off my bicycle 😭😭😭 I need to wear this two weeks. Maybe I still have time 🙄

null

Steven
    Participant

@cncamacho Nicely done 👍🤙 I really like the tone of your uke too. Looking forward to hearing the performance version by the end of the month 😉

surfnrz

@sgwarren Thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind words. Looking forward to your submission this month!

tim0721
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Here is my attempt at Malagueña. Great arrangement, Evan. I certainly don’t come close to his performance, but if you like your tunes at half-ish speed and a little buzzy, then you might like my rendition.

funtime2018
    Participant

I am a Premium Member

Hi,Here’s my May submission which is the chord/ melody version of ‘Out in the North’. Thank you, Marion

rickeymike
    Participant

Camacho-nicely done. I hope to get my version down to 2 minutes. ha

Tim – Well played! And I liked Ferdinand sitting on the neck of your uke.

Funtime – Wow. Listen to those chords ring. And under 2 minutes!

andrewvh
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s my go at Ain’t no sunshine. I’m still struggling with the last two bars despite repeated practice, also I seem to be getting a bit ahead of the backing track occasionally. But I hit that Dm run in bar 32 reasonably well and I won’t have much time the rest of the month. So here it is. Keep safe everyone.

oldan_
    Participant

Such great OitN renditions, very cool!

funtime2018
    Participant

Thank you! I played the song on my Pepe Romero Tiny Tenor with Romero strings. Actually, I don’t play this uke very often and it took quite a bit of effort to get comfortable with both the sound and feel of it. My playing this song needs polish and maybe I’ll give the performance version a try as well.

verity2003

I can’t make my link show up I keep adding it in but it disappears. How can I fix this?

Andrew
    Keymaster

@verity2003 – Copy and paste the soundcloud link in its own line. For ex:

Soundcloud URL

It will self-embed 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 333 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.