Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

nthibode – That was a great performance, Nathalie! I’d work on cleaning up that first note in the riff. But killer job on that tricky strum pattern in bar 18. Well done!

@henri0
    – sounds awesome to me!

brithor
    Participant

Another miserable performance :((. But: I had lots of fun playing the song (at least when I am not recording it) and can’t get it out of my head now. Thanks for another great arrangement.
    Best from Austria Brigitte

brithor
    Participant

Forgot. I am a premium member.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@brithor – Well done, Bri! One tip: try not to tug down on the strings when fretting/playing notes. Try to keep the string as linear as possible. Tugging down causes the note(s) to go sharp.

I think you’ve got the song down well! What I’d work on is adding a little bit of finesse to the piece. Check out this lesson for help on this subject.

marianne
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s Ain’t Talkin”Bout Love! What a challenging but fun piece. I tried to do it justice 🙂
    Thanks again so much for this lovely arrangement and all the wonderful work. Great submissions everyone!

mademoiselleannette
    Participant

Hi, guys!
    Here’s my May entry with Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple

lhamilton
    Participant

Hi,

I tried Ain’t Talkin’ ’bout Love this month. I really enjoyed the arrangement though I’m sure my playing of it needs work. The video angle makes my wrist look more bent than it was. I find the flat ukulele rather hard to hold onto….

Linda
    I am a premium member

qiuyan
    Participant

NOT A SUBMISSION

Thanks Andrew! So I kept practicing and learning the rest of the Jump Intro section. It still didn’t sound fully right like the original song to me somehow (while both Evans and Andrew’s playing sounded right like the original song), but it’s closer than before…

(I feel it’s partly due to my current slow speed, as if I play the video at 1.5x speed, it does sound more like the song to me; and partly due to those open G string filler notes being a bit too loud or those staccato notes not loud enough…)

bomarkt
    Participant

that was awesome @mademoiselleannette🙌

timolnz
    Participant

Here is my entry, Smoke on the Water.
    I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

richard_siegert
    Participant

Hello everyone,

here is my video of “Come As You Are” by Nirvana :D.
    I had a lot of problems with chunking, because i never really did it befor. So this Song was a very good way to learn it a little bit!

johanna2509
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I am really not happy with my version of Come As You Are. I struggled so much with the barre chord Dm, especially with reaching with the pinky at the same time. The soprano size didn’t seem to help either. So I started practicing with the normal Dm for two weeks, but like Matt said, this isn’t possible with this song, atleast not with my finger flexibility. I had not much time this month too, which was definitely not enough to learn the barre Dm with the pinky stretch. This will take some time more, I guess. Congrats to all who managed to learn it!

I decided to post it anyways because I definitely progressed.

henri0
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Ain’t talking bout love. Frustrating fun!

Thanks for solo feedback @Andrew.

Got the speed I think, but slipping a bit on the accuracy. I continue practising *both* playing and recording for the elusive “perfect take” 😅

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by henri0.
    gstriph
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Well – happy Memorial Day to everyone. Time’s up so here’s my video. It could be smoother

Jerry

bemarlie

Hi!

I’M A PREMIUM MEMBER

This is my try on Ain’t talkin’ about love. It needs some more practice and I always get soooo nervous when I record it!
    Anyway, I loved to practice it 🙂 Thank you for the great tabs!!!!

Elke

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 147 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.