Participate in the May 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 145 total)
  • Author
    jebergeron
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Here is my entry for this month :

lynettejd
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

Hahaha, @Andrew, thank you so much! I’m honored and delighted to have blazed that trail. 😂😅 My “comfort uke” ran out of frets so I had no choice. 😂

Being part of the Rock Class community has truly changed the course of my uke-playing journey for the better and become such a special and positive part of my life, so thank you for that. 😊

I’m going to keep working on Funk Jam; I need to redeem myself, man. 😅

Andrew
    Keymaster

@smokealot – Very well played, Ulli! Try to get a little cleaner on the rasgueado and triplet strum. Those are the only things I heard that could use targeted practice.

@jebergeron
    – Excellent performance, Jean-Philippe! Only tip I have is for the lick at the end. Try to pluck the 1st fret on C on the & of 1 instead of beat 2. Holding that note for a dotted quarter gives it that cliche jazzy-rhythmic ending sound.

@lynettejd
    – Bravo! Well done! 👏

@The_Bumble_Bard
    – 🙂

peiching
    Participant

Hi Rock Class

It was great fun learning the technique to mute XXXX and to pluck all the four strings. I am amazed at the sounds created! Thank you very much for the excellent lesson.

Here is my attempt

Many regards 🙂

muzikmama
    Participant

@Andrew Thanks for taking the time to give feedback.
    It wasn’t ready but didn’t think I could do it better in time. I’ll have to play along to your video. Have been trying to improve problem areas since then.
    I played the standard E chord which still needs smoothing. Haven’t found the alternative to be easier 😄.
    I like to detune my ukes to tone down the brightness. 🙂

• This reply was modified 10 months, 4 weeks ago by muzikmama.
    lhamilton
    Participant

Thanks, Andrew! I’ve been a bit leery about foot tapping since I have the “ability” to tap out of rhythm with what I play, but I’ll give it more of a chance and I’ll work on the muted strums. I’d noticed that they tend to unmute. I had real trouble with the metronome because of the notes on the offbeats.

Linda

• This reply was modified 10 months, 4 weeks ago by lhamilton.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@peiching – Your chunk technique sounds great! Well done 👏

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lhamilton – Try playing with the tab player with the metronome activated. Tap along as you go. This ones a toughy with so many syncopated licks.

brettboy
    Participant

[ I am a Premium Member]

Ahoy Uke Friends! I’ve been learning Cissy Strut this month. Here’s my entry for May.

ldarrow
    Participant

I am a premium member
    This month I tried to spike up my rhythm. Here is my attempt at concept lesson ep010. This one was very challenging for me, but at the same time, soooo much fun.

ldarrow
    Participant

Oh the misfortune of posting after @brettboy. He is always so wonderful and a hard act to follow

lisadmh
    Participant

Thanks @Andrew. I didn’t notice that my tempo had slowed and I didn’t notice the fancy strum. I will try again.

jody_hendrickson
    Participant

Thank you @Andrew for your kind words and encouragement!

joannetala

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi all,
    Here’s my submission for this month’s challenge. I’ve chosen the concept lesson EP010 to practice the different rhythmic strums – was fun to do.

Good luck to all participants!

Joanne

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 145 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.