Participate in the May 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 145 total)
  • Author
    ccwuke
    Participant

I am Premium Member

Here’s my recording of Cissy Strut. Slowed it down to 85% speed. Had good intentions to record the solo but left it a bit late and not sure I can get it up to speed (even at 75%!), those triplets are hard!

Chris

rebeca
    Participant

@Andrew – Thank you! I really appreciate your words.

I’m enjoying every entry. What an amazing community! Congratulations everybody 🙂

patdrehu
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey Uke friends (and others ;O) !
    Here is my entry for may challenge. I’ve chosen the “Beginner Blues Strumming” piece because first I love Blues music (and I don’t have so much time this month to “work” on an higher level piece…). This piece is qualified as “Beginner level” but, for me, I learnt at least two new strumming patterns (not so obvious and not yet full “in the pocket”) and this allow me to revisit Blue scale, intro, turnarouds etc… Blue also for me is great because I think it’s a very simple style where you can express your creativity very easily by adding turnaround, licks…
    See you next month !

barbecueblack
    Participant

Hi Andrew

It was great fun strumming the blues.

Here is my version:

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Cheers

lynnzo
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    This is my May entry of
    Strumming Song: The Blues.
    This was fun to learn .

bibilele
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    This month I spiced up my rhythmic playing. 😉 Hope you enjoy.
    Have a good time – we have school holidays. 🙂

moonshoes
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey everyone! Once again, it’s been very fun to listen to the other entries. Everyone sounds great! 🙂

I decided to go for the spicy rhythm one this time, because I liked the tune and it seemed like a fun challenge. Halfway through the month, as I was still struggling, I decided I’d also take on the beginner blues one since I was already familiar with the pattern and I wanted to have a back-up in case I didn’t manage to learn my first pick in time. In the end, I recorded both (I hope it’s okay to post two vids!) and while neither were perfect, I’m still happy with how they turned out.

I definitely had some issues with muted strings here and there and rasgueado… um… is a work in progress… but it was a lot of fun and I honestly didn’t think I’d manage to record the tune in time at all so I’m happy with my progress.

moonshoes
    Participant

And here’s the beginner blues strumming tune, featuring my dog (who bumped into my elbow during multiple recordings, including this one :D). Half of the time I messed up the last little bit because I kept forgetting about those last two bars, but I succeeded in the end haha.

clempek
    Participant

I’M A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey ! it’s my imperfect participation with rythmic variations. This song was soooo hard for me, I didn’t think I could finish on time and post for this challenge. But I think it made me progress ….

Passez une bonne journée 🙂

lhamilton
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve worked a bit more with the metronome and foot tapping. Not perfect but a bit better I think than the previous take. Thanks for the suggestions. I worked with my own metronome as well as with the online Rockclass tab viewer/player. I’d had trouble before with the player freezing sound on the iPad after a bit but found if I didn’t make any settings changes other than speed and “set metronome” I could keep it going for this.

Linda
    I am a premium member.

suekulele
    Participant

Rhythmic Variations for the May 2023 challenge…and what a challenge it was! Some of the chord changes were so tricky for me and I haven’t yet gotten them smoothly. Will continue practicing because I think it’s such a fun little tune – to play and listen to 🙂

bibilele
    Participant

Oh, I totally forgot: I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER 🥳

suekulele
    Participant

REPOST: I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Sorry for the repost but I forgot to write that I am a premium member on my originalMay 2023 challenge post.

Rhythmic Variations 🙂

kdeacon7

I am a Premium Member
    I stumbled a bit, but I had this memorized. I took Andrew’s invitation to add some poetic license. This challenge was perfect for me. As an intermediate player, I tend to fall back to the Island Strum for many songs, but having some variations has opened up a new world now. I have used some of these rhythms to other songs too.

Thank you Rockclass 101!

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by kdeacon7.
    misterbones
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s my take on Cissy Strut. Kind of faked my way through the last two bars of the solo. Not sure I’ll ever be able to play those cleanly.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 145 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.