Participate in the May 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 145 total)
  • Author
    lbilkie
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

This was a real challenge for me. I didn’t think I could master it (still didn’t) but kept practicing. Very rough in parts.

dorabr
    Participant

Thank you for another learning opportunity. This is my entry for the May challenge. Thank you again!

jgillard
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is “The Chicken”.. just the rhythm.

richard_siegert
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey Ho

Here is my Video for this month 🙂

See you next time!

Richard

karenj
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my May submission of Rhythmic Variations. As others have mentioned, this was more difficult than I anticipated. I am still getting used to the tenor size and worked all month to improve my muddy sounding chords. They still aren’t as clean as I would like, and there are still plenty of stutters, but this is the best of my million takes. I’ve been working to look at my fingers less, but I didn’t want to look at the camera either! Thanks again to RC 101 for another great lesson. I’ve been inspired by all of this month’s submissions.

june2020

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    I chose the beginner blues strumming for this month. I’ve always been challenged by strumming and adding a percussive element increases the difficulty level even more. I will need to practice, practice, practice to improve this. I enjoyed playing the ending. Thank you for any feedback you can give me.

ukulelee
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

This has been fun to work on. At first I never thought I’d get it, but with a bit of perservance…this version is in slow-mo and has a few (unintentional) variations of my own. However, it remains a fun work in progress. Thank you as always Andrew and RockClass 101!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lhamilton – Tempo is already sounding more steady! Well done!

—-

Here’s everyone on page 5 I hadn’t gotten to yet.

@brettboy
    – Bravo, Brett! Riffs were tight. Excellent job jamming with the band!

For the solo, playing wise, it was very impressive! But, watch out for the timing. You started the first phrase perfectly on beat 2. But the second phrase, you started early on beat 1. The next 3 phrases were also early. You got back on time with the double stops.

@ldarrow
    – Well done! Wonderful playing with a great feel throughout! I have two suggestions as you continue to practice. First, try to get a little cleaner on the rasgueado and triplet strum techniques.

Second, try to keep the tempo a little more steady. Specifically in the first time through the form (bars 1 – 16).

@joannetala
    – Bravo, Joanne! Excellent take all around. Well done on showcasing all of the variations. And great timing & feel throughout! 👏

morrieuke1
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    Thanks Andrew and the band, very groovy arrangement and fun to play along with the track! Mike

dianna
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    I can’t believe it is the end of May already! This month flew by……I started with Cissy Strut, but decided around 23 May to focus on Etude 10 instead. I enjoyed practicing both of them. The Rhythmic Variations was a great exercise, and Cissy Strut was quite the challenge. I’m posting Etude 10 with a few glitches…..I dream of someday getting that perfect recording!🤪.

Also, I’m playing my new Ohana Tenor uke….Wow! Do I love it. Thank-you so much to Rock Class 101 and Uke Republic.

janaq1
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi everyone,
    I chose The Chicken …in my version, The Catching (the rhythm) is more apt. 😅
    This time I enjoyed not only learning, but also the recording itself. It was my first time recording with a band.
    Have a great time!
    Jana

akukes73
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I started every challenge since Xmas but never had the time to either finish the piece to a reasonable level or post. I was then tempted to give this month a miss as I don’t really like strumming – but decided to give EP010 a go to challenge myself with a piece that I would normally avoid. While it still needs work I feel happy that I actually managed to get through the whole piece and also manage to upload it in time.

zongozongo

I chose the blues. Premium member

I picked up the Classical guitar recently. Thats why there is less time now for my uke 🙁

Happy playing, Nicolas

richo_uke
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi Andrew, hi RC members,

I think you all know what’s coming… “My playing was so much better when I didn’t record.” But this month I think I understood that it is really necessary to start recording very early in order to see errors much more clearly. Good, for this realization it is too late today. The exercise was definitely a lot of fun for me and I realized that I really like to do strumming. Thank you very much Andrew and have a nice weekend for all of you

brettboy
    Participant

thanks A! I figured I needed more time and practice to nail down that solo.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 145 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.