Participate in the November 2018 Member Challenge – WIN Skype Lesson w/ Taimane!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2018 Member Challenge – WIN Skype Lesson w/ Taimane!

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 301 total)
  • Author
    gtrdude6
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Here is my submission of La Gitanita for the November Challenge. Thanks to Andrew for teaching us a cool song and also the chance for some great prizes!

Regards,
    Brent

yukalele
    Participant

I need another month please!!

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

sudave
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I hope it is still November where you are, had some trouble recording and exporting my entry.
    This is technically not the best version I played, but I think I got all the notes at least 😉

Thanks for the challenge, had a great time studying it (also Moon, but I am not yet ready to “perform” it).

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by sudave. Reason: No soundcloud plugin seen, just a link
    lisamcc
    Participant

I am a premium member!
    Here’s my submission… I’ve tried to add some twiddles in from the video that you attached Andrew.
    Thanks for a cool challenge – I love this style of music.
    Lisa x

ukuleleloo
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s my entry for November’s challenge. I initially wanted to learn Moon but have been traveling most of November and ran out of time, so I learned La Gitanita. Still needs some work.

suzums
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

After countless takes of trying to not make a mistake, I finally got over it but psyched myself at the end of the song! This song was quite a challenge to memorize but I have to say it have enjoyed learning it and want to perfect it!

Thanks again for the RockClass101 team for cranking out amazing lesson for us to learn! Here is my submission.

sudave
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER (but already have an entry for the Kanilea challenge)

When I posted the previous record, I realized that I still have plenty of time in your time zone, so I also did a record for Moon.
    It is not quite as smooth as most people here can play it, but I hope you can recognize it, tho 😉
    Had to do both of the songs, because I like them both very much and did not want to miss learning one of them.

To cut a long story short, here it is:

cyberloh
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Need more practice on the tapped harmonic.

suzie1
    Participant

It cuts off short cause I tried to do an artificial harmonic instead of a tapped one, then ended up switching to a different song cause of a habit from that song. But I swear I know the rest of the song, I figured it was okay cause it just repeats the beginning and I was really really stressing about it. This was really fun to learn though, thanks Andrew!!

cconuku

I am a premium Member.
    Here is my November submission La Gitanita.
    Still making many mistakes.

joannetala

My submission for November challenge

I am a premium member, but a beginner and need a lot of practice. Still I wanted to enter in this challenge (fingers crossed) 🙂

Joanne Talahatu

mayaqatsi
    Participant

my submission for the Nov challenge (La Gitana)
    haven’t been able to play much the last couple of months :(((((, but hoping that just trying to keep up with the challenges will somehow keep me going even if it doesn’t help with my timing in every sense of the word….i am a premium member with no low-g uke but got this funky handy waterproof one 🙂 that makes it that much harder to tap harmonics on 😛 but, hey, compromises you have to make when you want to play your uke outside in the rain

yukalele
    Participant

Wow. I was really moved by that, thank you.

cmab81

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.
    Sorry it is a bit late.

Kashif

Andrew
    Keymaster

Here is everyone on page 8:

brettboy, I loved it!

For those who are reading this feedback, go back to page 8 and watch Brett’s performance. What he did is adapt the arrangement from Low G to baritone. These instruments are in different tunings, so in order to perform it in the same key, there are two options:

1) use a capo – allows you to retain the same fingerings as notated for low G.

2) go without – requires a thorough understanding of the fretboard.

The latter is what he chose, essentially re-arranging the piece. To do so requires an understanding of theory, but a great place to start learning how to do this is by studying the CAGED method.

So back to feedback, I thought it was brilliant and the above is really the crowning jewel. Transcribing and arranging is a complete musician workout, same as doing a deadlift is a full body workout.

Couple critiques: Watch the timing, sometimes the flow of the piece became sluggish. And watch the left hand fingering form, sometimes you pull strings down when fretting chords, which as you know will cause it to go sharp.

lisadmh, that was really good Lisa! So it looks and sounds like you were doing rest stroke, correct? Your technique looks great, although I would move your positioning back a bit more towards over the sound hole.

I’d turn your focus towards smoothing out the attack of rest stroke in the tricky sections, such as bars 13-16. But overall I’m super proud of you, this was a really good performance and I can tell that you put a lot of work into it 🙂

sprintingyogini, here is a video with some tips 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.