Participate in the November 2018 Member Challenge – WIN Skype Lesson w/ Taimane!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2018 Member Challenge – WIN Skype Lesson w/ Taimane!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 301 total)
  • Author
    nggnmm
    Participant

Yeah, we are couple and both like your classes 🙂 and hotmilktea is the singer in that video
    It is a lot of fun to practice and learn together, but sometimes it is getting confused when we post threads using same computer :p

kanae926
    Participant

😂😂😂

robinboyd
    Participant

Here is my starting point for this month. I’m just recording warts and all for now, so I stuffed up a bit in theme 1 and kept going before it all fell apart in theme 2. I’ll post again when I’m comfortable with theme 2 and working on theme 3. I’ll worry about adding the vocals later. I’ll probably follow nggnmm’s lead and get my wife to help out.

Hotmilktea – you are an awesome singer.

hotmilktea

cute ending Robin~ Looking forward to your progress videos and your wife’s singing. Thanks for the kind words~

hondamom
    Participant

I started to work on La Ganita but it just didn’t seem like I would be challenged as much and didn’t really like the style. I wanted to go for the leap forward so am working on “Moon” with apologies to Evan and Taimane.
    I’m just going for it. It may be painful for Andrew and Stephen but I think I’ll grow so much more. My strength seems to lie in picking from some buried recesses of my folk guitar days. 😂
    Thank you all involved for such a lovely challenge.

lisadmh
    Participant

Robin, that’s you’re starting point??? I think just maybe you’ve got this nailed. Amazing start.

Uh oh. I seem to be getting sucked into moon. It’s so beautiful but I don’t know if I can do it. The flamenco is the safe bet with so much riding on it, lol, but I’m on page 2 of moon. Just maybe???

robinboyd
    Participant

@lisadmh – Moon is a real stretch if only because of the length, but I figure that as long as we have something to show for it at the end of the month then it will be worth it because it’s such a beautiful song/arrangement.

mheiden
    Participant

@lisadmh – you should totally do Moon. You’re already on page 2….I could listen to that song all day long…..

robinboyd
    Participant

I’ve been having trouble getting the middle section of theme 2 to stick in my head, but I found that it makes more sense if I play through to the first chord of bar 30. Just a tip if anyone else is having the same issues.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by robinboyd.
    ambera

Andrew can I just say since no one has… How cool is it that you made a video with your favorite uku Artist??! I would have been such a spaz if that were me, You were so chill. And how cool that she is supporting your site this way!!

Technical question: if we choose to take on moon but are unable to learn all of it in a month, will we still be entered in the challenges? Or does the song need to be complete?

Andrew
    Keymaster

I was a bit nervous when I met her in 2017, but she is super friendly, as is her band! I’m super thankful that she takes time out to do awesome things like this for us! 🙂

As for your ?, you must perform the entire arr. to qualify for the giveaway.

robinboyd
    Participant

Here is theme 2.

I hope you don’t mind me uploading each theme as I go, Andrew. They’re not my entries, I’ll record the whole thing at the end of the month, but this piece is so long that I need the short-term motivation to get each theme up to recording standard, otherwise I’ll never get there. The Walking Dead was around 30 seconds, but each theme for Moon has been over a minute so far! I don’t expect comments on them or anything.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Sounds good, Robin! How’s memorizing going? I’m gonna share this pt. 2 in our email tomorrow, super motivating to see you guys hard at work at it!

robinboyd
    Participant

Memorising is not too bad but I still tend to get a bit lost around bar 27 or 28. I’ll work on it. You probably noticed me glancing over to the tabs in the most recent video to remind myself where I was up to.

deadbuggy
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

My interpretation of Moon. Memorization skills are eroding with age 😉 so I thought I’d get a video of this as quickly as possible. I take a few liberties with the base picking pattern, there are a few clamshells and things get a tad muddy toward the end. But I really loved learning and playing this song!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.