Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile'a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile'a!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 309 total)
  • Author
    lyndallk
    Participant

I am a premium member

I can’t help falling in love with this arrangement. It’s so lovely. Here’s my go at it

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lyndallk – Lovely playing, Lyndall! Great articulation with the arpeggio strum. The one thing that stood out to me was your tempo. To me, this has always been a super slow song. Curious as to why you chose a quicker tempo?

rickeymike
    Participant

Lyndal, You positively nailed it! Beautiful.

nosferatu

Stephen, thanks for the feedback.

Lynda, that was excellent! Perfect arpeggio strum.

lyndallk
    Participant

Hi Andrew Thanks for the feedback. I don’t know that I chose to speed it up . I think I maybe practiced too much and it became faster. I will slow it down again.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lyndallk – Okay, that’s what I suspected. Tempo plays a big role in the overall presentation of a performance. And often times it’s overlooked. I’ve been guilty of this many times. Game of Thrones is one arrangement that I actually ended up re-shooting the performance, because I played it too fast.

I remember listening back to the original performance and just knowing it had to be re-done. Playing wise was great, but the feel was off.

Anyways, try it slowed down and let me know how you think the vibe compares.

cauer2

That was AWESOME Lyndallk. I have been trying to get my fingers to do that type of arpeggiated strum but they are still very stiff. Thanks for sharing.

lisadmh
    Participant

Amazing Lynda. I wish I could do the fancy strum!

I was annoyed at the lack of dynamics on my recording. After multiple retries, I’ve decided my phone just can’t do it even when I manage to pull it off.

So I pulled out my fancy new camera and gave it a try. I think it’s a little better? Certainly the image is. Can y’all hear some dynamics in this version? If not, I’ll be headed for a full recording studio, lol.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lisadmh – they are def there! But, I think less is more with a tune like this. So’ I’d use it more sparingly. I read Stephen’s comment, and I think that’s what he meant, as he spoke about adding it in the Bridge sections.

With that said I hear more accenting on AJ’s, then overall volume swells.

lyndallk
    Participant

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I do like playing those arpeggios I have to say. So I’ve done a second recording, taking the lead from Lisa. (Yes, I did notice more dynamics! A nice post, Lisa)

This time with more attention on pace (slowing down) and hopefully more feeling!! Thanks Andrew for the suggestion. I must say it was hard to not speed up during the performance. But I think I sort of pulled it off. Anyway, it was much more satisfying to play either way!

lisadmh
    Participant

Okay, excuse the stupid question, but which part is the bridge? I’m trying so hard to get something that I’m overdoing it and missing the obvious.

Nice Lynda. Both are great but this is more mellow.

lisadmh
    Participant

…found the bridge. On it, boss. Thanks!

robinboyd
    Participant

To everyone that has done Can’t Help Falling in Love so far, thank you. I’ve been taking notes on the the comments you have received. @Lyndallk – that was awesome. I think that’s what I’ll be aiming for.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lyndallk – That’s what I’m talkin’ bout! That pace lets the music breathe. Great job, I’ll be sharing this one soon on our social 🙂

lyndallk
    Participant

Thanks Andrew. Like I said more fun to play too. Very helpful

Thanks Robin! Look forward to listening to your rendition

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by lyndallk.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 309 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.