Participate in the November 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 229 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@jbmills07 – I love the originality in your interpretation. Well played!

@barbecueblack
    – Beautifully played, great job!

jbmills07
    Participant

Thank you @Andrew!

saiyara

I am a premium member.
    Here’s Etude in Em. There are so many areas of improvement here for me. Looking forward to the feedback 😊
    Thanks in advance!

leslieb
    Participant

I am a premium member.

This Etude is beautiful and haunting. For me, mastering this piece is a challenge and I will continue to work on it. For the purposes of your generous contest, here is the link to my video.

I will be trying the alternate fingering recommended by Andrew and others.

Thank you for this learning opportunity.

mademoiselleannette
    Participant

Hi everybody!
    Here’s my November entry with Etude in E minor.
    I was experiencing some technical difficulties with filming this video.
    But I still hope you enjoy it as I tried my best.

evapaju

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hello everyone!
    My best attempt at the moment to record this beautiful piece. I absolutely love Tarrega and I am grateful for opportunity to perform this arrangement.

johanna2509
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi all!

Had a busy month, but I’m glad I managed to record Etude in E minor today.
    So here it is.

(I am not happy with my right hand position. I try to control it, but when I get into playing and stop thinking about it, it always goes back to that “wrong” position (way too close to the bridge, fingers not as curled). I can’t concentrate on the notes I’m playing while thinking on the right hand position.)

akukes73
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I started off with Valse Venezolano but quickly realised it was too much of an ambitious goal, especially within a month. So here is Tarrega’s beautiful Etude in E minor, still room for improvement (bar 3 I particular) and I’ll keep working on it. However, an achievement for me is that I was able to memorise it and play without the music. Andrew has always advised trying to memorise songs, and this has been something I have been struggling with. So even though this etude is short it is a small step in the right direction!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by akukes73.
    tim0721
    Participant

PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my November submission.
    Great piece to play, lots of fun…when I play it right.

simonalexander
    Participant

I’m a premium member.

Well done everyone on all the awesome work this might. I’ve so enjoyed watching and listening to you all.

Here’s my attempt at the James Bond theme. Unfortunately, I ran out of time… and talent… and ability this month. Here’s recording four number million and seven; the one where I juuuust about got away with it.

tules14

I’m a premium member…
    And a total newbie! Tried my best and I know I have a long way to go but thanks for listening.

turkgoose
    Participant

I am a premium member.

I haven’t been able to play as much as I would have liked and I’ve missed a few challenges. So I’m pretty rusty, sorry for the sub par submission of Valse Venezolano. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!

jayton
    Participant

Hi,

Another great challenge!
    Really happy I was able to learn the piece by F. Tárrega. I am still practicing it to learn to be more subtle in interpretation.

Premium member

Regards,
    Jay

lhamilton
    Participant

Hi,

I tried “Valse Venezolano no. 2” – Antonio Lauro this month. I got it to 80% speed.

Linda
    I am a premium member

robinboyd
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my attempt at Valse Venezolano. I have to say, this was one of the hardest pieces I’ve ever attempted. Right up there with Moonlight Sonata. I really struggle with speed. With that in mind, I only managed it at 75% speed even though I was originally aiming for 100%.

I really admire everyone who managed to do this faster than 75%.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 229 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.