Participate in the November 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    jody_hendrickson
    Participant

Thanks, Andrew! I will focus on those 8 measures. In measure 43, I couldn’t manage to maintain finger position and get the stretch to reach the D and get a clean slide, and that made that section super-awkward with my improvised fingering. Need to work those finger-stretching exercises! And thanks for the reminder about the tag!

jody_hendrickson
    Participant

@jbmills07 I second everything The_Bumble_Bard said. Such a lovely heartfelt performance, really beautiful. Thank you! I also loved the Ziggy outtakes, especially your contortions to keep playing while she did her best to be the center of attention. What a sweet relationship you two have. Your dog, however, seemed somewhat less impressed…:)

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@jody_hendrickson, your performance was also really beautiful! Haha!! The part with the doggo entering so slowly and loudly with the claw-clicking, then staring, and just leaving, indeed completely unimpressed. Comedy gold. I forgot about that part. 😂😅

omaon4

I am a Premium member

I chose to work on Path of the Wind
    What a beautiful melody 😊

leb397
    Participant

@jbmills07 loved it. Full of emotion and I couldn’t hear anything needing improvement. Ziggy out takes were so cute. He wasn’t feeling it this time or truly wanted your undivided attention.
    I gave my fingers 2 days to recover 😪 the tips were starting to feel numb but your take was perfect

What a challenge this month! Everyone has done amazing.
    On to December tomorrow!!!

ksapp92
    Participant

I am a premium member
    I spent a while working on “Always With Me”, but couldn’t quite get it ready. Here’s “Avatar” instead 🙂

kirpuff
    Participant

Pop…pop…pop…pop

My finger strength lasts about 4 takes and this one took me about 62637383 so forgive all the dead notes 😀

Beautiful song and beautiful arrangement! Thanks for putting this on my radar, Mika and Andrew!

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

maryjanew
    Participant

I am A Premium Member
    PATH OF THE WIND
    I didn’t have much time this month but I gave it a go! I know nothing about Anime bu I loved this
    piece! I watched the movie “My Neighbor Totoro” the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it!

denisedistefano
    Participant

@Andrew – Thank you so very much! You totally made my day. The choices for this month’s challenge were the most exciting to date for me. I really enjoyed it.

leb397
    Participant

@marianne so pretty on the baritone and I love the changes you had to make. Well played.👏🎼👏

marianne
    Participant

Thank you @leb397! And lovely job memorizing the piece!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@omaon4 – Bravo Helga! This is my favorite performance from you to date! Amazing job on the A Melody. The B Melody sounds like it needs just a little more practice to bring it up to par with A. Overall, amazing playing! Great feel and tone throughout the entire tune 🙂

@ksapp92
    – Excellent performance Kelby! Perfect job on the 1st and 3rd tune!

For the second tune, try playing along with Matt in the tab player for bars 7 and 11. The slides sound a bit off from the notation. Try looping those bars and matching his playing to get it down.

Way to go this month, keep up the great work!

@kirpuff
    – Amazing performance Sara! You did such an awesome job capturing the mood and feel of this magical piece. I loved it, keep up the great work!

@maryjanew
    – You played it beautifully MJ! Only thing I’d recommend is memorizing it. Work on one melody at a time. It doesn’t sound like it will take much work tho. Really good job this month 🙂

@denisedistefano
    – 😊

Andrew
    Keymaster

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED THIS MONTH! WE HAD 62 ENTRIES! YOU GUYS ROCK!

Hope to see everyone in our December Challenge. December is your LAST CHANCE to win the Kanile’a!

Here is a list of everyone who participated. Please let me know if there are any discrepancies.

——

deadbuggy
    deadbuggy
    johanna2509
    johanna2509
    muzikmama
    planetfink
    planetfink
    jgillard
    jgillard
    rebeca
    rebeca
    anyon1
    anyon1
    musiclover
    musiclover
    katazumiri
    katazumiri
    joe150
    joe150
    misterbones
    misterbones
    shmu88
    shmu88
    cherry1234
    jedart
    jedart
    barbecueblack
    barbecueblack
    rgillof
    rgillof
    ccwuke
    ccwuke
    mark1256
    mark1256
    qiuyan
    qiuyan
    The_Bumble_Bard
    The_Bumble_Bard
    suekulele
    suekulele
    hiouke
    hiouke
    otzepeng
    ldarrow
    ldarrow
    morrieuke1
    morrieuke1
    bibilele
    bibilele
    lhamilton
    lhamilton
    brettboy
    brettboy
    firebladetim
    firebladetim
    akukes73
    akukes73
    rafaela
    rafaela
    dianna
    dianna
    clempek
    clempek
    leslieb
    leslieb
    kelsey91
    kelsey91
    leb397
    leb397
    richo_uke
    richo_uke
    henri0
    henri0
    abster
    abster
    gstriph
    gstriph
    janaq1
    janaq1
    marianne
    marianne
    karenj
    karenj
    anikali
    anikali
    nelsonlin2021
    nelsonlin2021
    sarahd
    sarahd
    robinboyd
    robinboyd
    annemarie
    annemarie
    jayton
    jayton
    potter
    potter
    june2020
    june2020
    lynnzo
    lynnzo
    richard_siegert
    richard_siegert
    lmdlinda
    lmdlinda
    kdeacon7
    kdeacon7
    jody_hendrickson
    jody_hendrickson
    denisedistefano
    denisedistefano
    omaon4
    omaon4
    ksapp92
    ksapp92
    kirpuff
    kirpuff
    maryjanew
    maryjanew

lynnzo
    Participant

Thank you Andrew

richard_siegert
    Participant

Hey @Andrew thanks again for you detailed Feedback this month. I will work on it because I really Like this Song!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 191 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.