Participate in the October 2020 Member Challenge – WIN the Islands Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2020 Member Challenge – WIN the Islands Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 230 total)
  • Author
    mozcyc
    Participant

Have submitted Triple Strum Etude a week ago. But hey I still have time, why not accept the challenge and start practice St. Anne’s Reel? This one is really really hard…. this video took me like 10 takes to make it but still making many mistakes.

Catherine
    Participant

Hello,

Here is my second try for Melodic Etude.
    My right hand was not quite right in the first try.
    Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Cheers,

Catherine

Andrew
    Keymaster

@sebyul – Well done! It sounds great, the only suggestion I have is to try to minimize the motion of the wrist a little bit. The attack is coming from the flick of the finger vs. movement of the wrist. Check out this feedback I left for another member for a bit more clarity on this.

@shmu88
    – Bravo, Samuel! I just shared your performance of “St. Anne’s Reel” in our email newsletter today. Keep up the great work! 🙂

@shmu88
    – Sounds great! Keep up the good work! 🙂

@Catherine
    – Much better with the right hand technique, but I wouldn’t anchor your pinky. We recommend floating for better freedom of motion. But, BIG improvement, great job!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@cauer2 – I look forward to watching your entry, Chris 🙂

marygrace
    Participant

I am a Premium Member

Hello All,
    I have been out of commission for a while with neck and shoulder injury. Here is my October submission. Mary Grace

Catherine
    Participant

Thank you Andrew. Will work on it without the pinky anchor!
    Cheers
    Catherine

Andrew
    Keymaster

@marygrace – Welcome back, MG! Hope you are all healed 🙂

Playing wise, sounds great! The thing I’ve noticed from a few entries is that folks are using a larger than required attack with motion coming from the wrist as opposed to a flick of the index. You can notice this in your performance if you watch the index finger hits. Compare that to Steven’s performance and you’ll notice a lot less movement.

That’s probably the hardest part of this technique to grasp, since we’re so used to using a traditional strum attack. Check out this feedback I left for another member for a bit more clarity on this.

@Catherine
    – My pleasure!

mennloo
    Participant

Hello! First-time submission. Hope to hear your advice. Thank you for the lesson!

cncamacho
    Participant

I thought I posted this about 3 different times, so here’s the triple strum etude. Not perfect but been working my way up on speed and accuracy.

I am a premium member.

robinl
    Participant

Hi everyone, here is my take on the triplet strum etude:

ukesilver
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hello triple strummers!
    Here is my take on the etude: I tried to give a go to St. Anne’s Reel but with no-so-much time available it felt a bit too much to aim for.. Looking forward to go past the first two bars as soon as possible! 😊

Thumbs up for all the contributions!
    Marco

EDIT: just saw Andrew’s feedbacks on the “index stroke” approach rather than a kinda standard wrist strum… I guess I have to go back to practice this one! 😅

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by ukesilver.
    marianne
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi everybody!

Here is my Triple Strum Etude!

Looking forward to the feedback 🙂

Thanks again lovely rockclass101 team for all the greatness you provide.

Marianne

jedart
    Participant

My entry into Rockclass101 October 2020 challenge. If you remember from the spring, I had so much trouble with the triplet strum that threaten to change my name to “I suck at at triplets”, so of course I choose the Triple Strum Etude as the piece to work on. I tried concentrating on the right hand fingering. I think if I get this, it’ll help with the regular triplet strum too.

lisadmh
    Participant

I’m a PREMIUM member.

Tricky technique. I struggle to make it clean. In think I’m doing the fingering right though.

I added a little piece, because I can. I used to not be able to do anything that wasn’t tabbed out and taught, so it’s cool to be able to do tiny things of my own.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by lisadmh.
    debb1985

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Learning the new technique of this triplet strum was like a tongue twister for my hands, but my hands eventually figured it out lol! I took 2 months off of challenges, but it is good to be back! Here is my Melodic Etude 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 230 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.