Participate in the October 2020 Member Challenge – WIN the Islands Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2020 Member Challenge – WIN the Islands Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 230 total)
  • Author
    stianukulele

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi all
    St. Annes Reel fitted my playing style, very close to my own technique I have developed over the years, using only thumb and index, so here is St. Annes Reel 🙂

allesyone
    Participant

Hi!

It’s my first time participating in challenge and I’m very happy to do this! (but also a little nervous… ^^”)

Here’s my Triple Strum Etude~

Happy strumming everyone!

amylilley

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey everyone, I just joined RockClass101 and love it! This piece is far from perfect, but this is where I am with it so far. I really like this technique and look forward to improving 🙂

gstriph
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

You wouldn’t think after a while doing thumb-finger-finger it would be that challenging to remember to do finger-thumb-finger but there you have it..

Jerry

PS – Andrew… new microphone!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by gstriph.
    miztaken
    Participant

@stianukulele damn!!!! I love it!
    You have the same banjolele as me, and you make it sound so good!
    I wanted to learn St Anne’s Reel so that I can finally play something on my banjolele too. Unfortunately it is in having a full adjustment and set-up, AND I needed to do the triple picking/strumming course first (little steps).
    Thanks for the great inspiration to keep going.

stianukulele

@miztaken thank you, really appriciate your feedback 🙂

I got my Goodtime last week, and was a little bit disapointed in the start, but after playing on it a lot, I am starting to get use to play it and getting better and better, can’t wait to try it in my small Banjolele, double bass, washboard Jazz band later today 🙂

Also try the clawhammer course, really fun on the Banjolele!

cauer2

I am a premium member.

Still working on getting through the triple strum course. I hope post St. Anne’s reel as well but this was a lot of fun to get to know.

nikolaaa

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

This is my first submission:

kittycatlin
    Participant

brettboy
    Participant

Hi Ukulele Friends!
    [I’m a premium member]
    Here is my best attempt at St. Anne’s Reel. This lovely, spirited Irish tune was a joy to practice. Big thanks go out to Steven and Andrew! I tried my best to use the triplet strum technique as instructed, and for the most part I succeeded, but you’ll notice on a couple licks my fingers trick my brain into taking what they believed to be the “path of least resistance.”
    Love Ya!
    Brett

debb1985

After reading other people’s feedback about wrist motion, and realizing I too was swinging away (hard not too with such a jolly song), I decided to give it another go paying more attention to my right hand form! Here is take 2 🙂

qiuyan
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback! It helps a bit after I try to be more conscious with my wrist position.

And I’ve started learning St. Anne’s Reel as that’s such lovely song 🙂 Probably won’t be able to make the desired BPM by the end of moth, but hopefully I can play the entire song through by then.

patparr
    Participant

I am a premium member.
    Here is my video for Oct. 2020 challenge.

Triple strum etude:

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by patparr.
    cauer2

Hey Debbie,
    I hear a fair bit of difference between the two; I think the second entry was much smoother. Also, I noticed you play a Pono. I have one as well, and I love it. Its strung low G so I did not submit that recording even though I think it sounded good with the low G. Anyway, keep up the good work. I’m thinking of redoing mine…I realized, after the fact, that it was really fast. Nerves

cauer2

Brettboy,
    Nice to see you again, and nice to listen as well. I’m working my way to St. Anne’s reel, but I’m still on ode to joy at this time. Great to see you still involved in rock class.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 230 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.