Participate in the October 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 252 total)
  • Author
    rickeymike
    Participant

Bravo! Mr. bones.

misterbones
    Participant

Thanks, Rickey!

rebeca
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi uke community.
    After a tough year with little time for uke i’m back. Still with little time but thirsty of lessons and challenges.
    I had to choose this one I love Moon River!

myukemylife
    Participant

Thanks @Andrew 🙏🏻 yeah this uke have a bright sound I need some more practice to get better with tempo am also practicing moon river too nice piece too

barbecueblack
    Participant

Hi Andrew

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Here is my entry for the October 2021 Member Challenge:

I enjoyed learning this moon song. Rockclass, your lessons are simply awesome.

gi_gi_
    Participant

@planetfink That was so beautifully played. Love your uke.

wongbrown

I am a premium member

Hi all,

I am submitting Moon River for this month’s challenge. I like the arrangement of this song very much. I thought I have chosen an easy one but if I tell you how many takes I have made, I will be embarrassed ! Here it is. Thank you for your feedback.

myukemylife
    Participant

Here is my second nice piece I like not that good but still practicing

misterbones
    Participant

@rebeca: pure magic. It doesn’t get any better than that. If that’s how you play after a one year hiatus and with little practice, I have to admit I’m jealous 😉

robinboyd
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Here is Moon River.

I hope I have achieved a similar feel to @planetfink, because that was awesome! I love that funky little slide that you added.

antotonin
    Participant

I AM PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi, here’s my attempt on Blue Moon. There’s still room for practice but at least i’m done with the pressure of recording 🙂

rebeca
    Participant

@misterbones: wow thank you!! So happy you like it!! Don’t underestimate yourself your submission of blue moon was terrific!
    Btw: I love your uke 😉

misterbones
    Participant

@rebeca yes, but I’ve also been practicing my a.. off over the course of the last year… Anyway, one thing I noticed in your recording is the right hand position, which is closer to the neck for a much sweeter sound. And this time I can’t blame the Uke for the sound difference 😉 I never paid much attention to my right hand position, but definitely will going forward.

rebeca
    Participant

@misterbones: To be honest I didn’t pay atentión to the positión of my right hand this time but I do like practising on dynamics and intention while playing (Still learning and with a Huge room for improvement)
    It happend to me that after two  years  playing uke I realize that even the tunes I played without any evident mistakes doesn’t sounded good to me in comparision with other People playing the same tune. It was then when it started my interest on this kind of things.
    In my view Is a matter of trying diferent positions and diferent ways of using your hand (Harder, softer, slow, quick) listen and look how it works.
    There is a specific lesson of Matt related to this issue that i find very useful and didactic.

And talking about dynamics… @robinboyd: I take my hat off with your submission. So soothing and controlled. Congrats!!

shmu88
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi all, brilliant performances from you all as usual!

Here is my attempt at Blue Moon. Enjoy 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 252 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.