Participate in the October 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 252 total)
  • Author
    katazumiri
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Here is my “Moondance”.

When I was recording the dance, I thought about Felix Mendelssohn and his “Songs Without Words”. My dance is purely instrumental.

With this in mind, as well as the fact that I slowed down from 132 bpm to 90 bpm, I shortened the dance (did not repeat the verse and chorus).

Have a nice day!

robinboyd
    Participant

Thanks @rebeca

lyndallk
    Participant

@myukemylife we don’t seem to be able to watch your video. Of your second piece.

myukemylife
    Participant

Am a premium member
    I have post few days but I couldn’t hear the sound with the video so I uploaded again and now the sound its ok here is the link not that good but still practicing few mistakes

myukemylife
    Participant

Now I think its ok thank you ☺️ you remind me

june2020

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    Here is Moon River for the October challenge. I hope you can hear me over the birds in the background. They were quite vocal today. I guess they like the song! This is one of my favorite tunes, also.

debb1985

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

This month I went with Moon River. I was a tiny bit bummed it wasn’t a Halloween themed challenge because I love spooky tunes, so I decided to dress up in the spirit of Halloween as Holly from Breakfast at Tiffany’s. I love this song and it is one of my favorite movies 🙂 I also get to show off my new uke I got a month or so ago – A lovely Cedar/Rosewood Pono Tenor.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by debb1985.
    robinboyd
    Participant

Nice uke @debb1985

debb1985

Thanks @robinboyd! I sold my Pono concert to upgrade a bit 🙂

planetfink
    Participant

Thanks, @robinboyd , I loved your performance too. I can’t take credit for the slide, it was in Matt’s performance and I liked the sound of it.

robinboyd
    Participant

@planetfink – I remember the slide out of the note from Matt’s performance, but I think you slid into it too… I remember you did a little bit more than Matt.

hollus
    Participant

Hello,

I see my previous post does not appear, so here I go again:
    Thank you @andrew, I could learn the second part of Moon Waltz.

Here is my recording to enter this challenge (recording for more than 30 seconds with the least mistakes possible really is a challenge for me :-D)

willymac
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my submission for the October Challenge.

I tried to do the Moondance Solo. I didn’t know how we were suppose to combine our solo attempt with the backing track so I just winged it. Let me know if you want me to redo it. Thanks.

brettboy
    Participant

Hi Uke Friends!

This month I collaborated with, our mutual friend, the amazing @nthibode, on a cover of Moondance!

This post represents Nathalie and I’s submission for the monthly challenge.
    *WE ARE BOTH PREMIUM MEMBERS 🙂 *

Nathalie provided a great video with smooth, jazzy ukulele, and a lovely vocal performance. Over that, I laid down the solo and a “bass” line to the best of my ability!

Nathalie, thanks again for suggesting this Collab! I’m really happy with what we created!

Andrew, Ashley, Evan and Stephen: Thanks for another great lesson and monthly challenge 🙂

nthibode

It was a pleasure working with you, Brett! Awesome job putting it all together! I love your style. 🙂

Amazing work on the solo too, @willymac!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 252 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.