Participate in the October 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 252 total)
  • Author
    willymac
    Participant

Excellent job @nthibode and @Brettboy. I’m definitely a fan of you both. Woo Hoo!

gi_gi_
    Participant

@debb1985 How beautifully played and your new uke is purty. Sounds great.

gi_gi_
    Participant

You guys did an amazing collaboration together. Great voice @nthibode.
    I love all the submissions. Wish there was a like button for each one ☺️

debb1985

Thanks @gi_gi_!

ldarrow
    Participant

love it!! @willymac

ldarrow
    Participant

@brettboy and @nthibode you guys are fabulous!!

rickeymike
    Participant

Nat and Brett, Can you see me on my knees bowing with outstretched arms?………….

Debb: That was wonderful, Holly! Did they take away your fire escape?

lyndallk
    Participant

Nathalie and Brett – what a great collaboration, I hope you do more… I’m a big fan of you both.

willymac
    Participant

Thanks @ldarrow.

debb1985

Lol Thanks @rickeymike! I had to settle for just being by a window.

Brett and Nat you did amazing! Looked effortless 🙂

nthibode

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!! 🥰 See you next month!

rafaela
    Participant

I am a PREMIUM MEMBER.

Hi everyone,

“Moon River”is one of my favourite songs (and just perfect for autumn season!), which is why this month the decision wasn’t very difficult for me. I loved how playing the melody in swing rhythm changes its character and makes it sound very light and “easygoing”.

Thanks for listening!
    Rafaela

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by rafaela.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by rafaela.
    rickeymike
    Participant

Rafaela that was fantastic!

AJ

Here is everyone on Page 3!

melanie – Great job! Keep up the great work!

mark1256 – Nicely done! One thing I would practice is making the notes hold out for the full length. Some notes in the melody sound a bit choppy. It sounds like just an issue with transitioning notes and chords, which is tricky with solo playing like this. So keep it up because you are sounding great!

ccwuke – Very nice! Keep up the good work!

qiuyan – Great job! I would try to make the melody stand out a bit more from the rest of the arrangement that way it starts to sound more full and complete. One way to do that is to accent certain melody notes, and make sure the notes are clear and pronounced. Otherwise everything sounds great!

lyndallk – Awesome job! sounds great. Keep up the good work!

misterbones – Sounds great! Right hand technique looks great, keep up the good work!

terryfallon3 – Great job! I Would practice the transition a bit more that way everything sounds smoother and so it flows better. You have all the notes and chords down and they sound great so keep up the good work!

—-

Here is everyone on Page 4!

rebeca – Great job! One thing i would try is adding a little rubato here and there to give it a more natural flow. Your playing sounds very delicate which is great! So i think slowing and speeding back up gradually will give this a more personal feel to it.

barbecueblack – Nicely done! Sounds great, Keep up the good work!

wongbrown – Sounds great! Keep up the good work!

robinboyd – Nicely done! This sounds great. I like the tempo you played it at here. Very clean performance too! Keep up the good work!

antitoxi – Sounds awesome! keep up the good work!

shmu88 – Great chord transitions! Sounds smooth and clear. Great job!

—-

Here is everyone on page 5!

katazumiri – This is great! I really enjoyed this a lot. Awesome job and keep up the good work!

myukemylife – Awesome Job! I would try to smoothen out the transitions so the melody will sound a bit softer. but everything sounds great! Usually when I learn a new arrangement, I focus on that part last after i have learned and practiced the piece. This last part is what really makes any piece sound great. Great job!!

june2020 – Sounds awesome! Keep up the good work!

debb1985 – Very nice!! Right hand technique looks and sounds great! Clear chords and melody too. Keep it up!

hollus – Nicely done! Great timing and flow through out. I really enjoyed it. Great job!

willymac – That was great!! Awesome lead playing. Very clear and articulate. Fantastic job!

brettboy & @nthibode – Amazing job guys! Loved it. Keep up the great work!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by AJ.
    mark1256
    Participant

Thanks AJ. I’m working on it. Seems like the more attempts at recording, the choppier it sounds to me.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 252 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.