Participate in the October 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 252 total)
  • Author
    whollyprofit
    Participant

@gi_gi_ Thanks, I really appreciate it!

ldarrow
    Participant

I am a premium member.
    I chose Moon River. I remember hearing my sister play this on piano when we were young. I hope she would have enjoyed hearing me play it on ukulele.

lisadmh
    Participant

Okay, so I’m no Evan. I’m no Nathalie and Brettboy either. But I tried! I’m a little embarrassed to share this, but I’m worried I won’t get a better take by the end of the month because I have a lot going on. So here’s where I’m at. Be kind, lol.

Super fun tune to learn. I love the soloing. Also super hard to get it timed with the rhythm section.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by lisadmh.
    terryfallon3
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

…dreaming under a Blue Moon.

seoulkim

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

I played ‘Moon River’ and I love the lovely classic song.

Playing ukulele is one of my favorites and I really enjoy it.
    However, I am not sure why my face is long in the recorded video.

It might be the difference between professional player who has audience and amateure like me.

I don’t have any audience and even my family doesn’t seem to enjoy my playing since they commonly say it is annoying…. I hope my play is getter better so that would not bother my family anymore. 🙂

Kind Regards,
    Seoul Kim

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by seoulkim.
    whollyprofit
    Participant

@seoulkim Very well played! Stick with it and it’ll just get better. And, if people don’t appreciate your playing then always remember, “Those who matter, don’t mind. Those who mind, don’t matter.” Uke on!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by whollyprofit.
    henri0
    Participant

Blue Moon

PREMIUM MEMBER

Dedicating this one to my best friend who left this plane a few Octobers ago. He absolutely loved an American Werewolf in London and reckon he’d love this arrangement. I’ll keep working on the flubs and hesitations, but as ever really enjoying the learning ride here. Great playing everyone.

rickeymike
    Participant

Henri, great job and that movie was really good.

Lisa, I’m impressed!

Seol Kim, Keep on playing. Good work.

akukes73
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I had to choose Moon River as it is my sister’s favourite song. I haven’t done it justice but it was fun learning this iconic melody.

bethany_guardiani
    Participant

I am a premium member 🙂

Finally getting around to uploading for this month. I started recording this a couple weeks ago and just never really finalized it until now. Time and energy seem to be minimal lately, but participating in the monthly challenges is a high priority because they just teach me so damn much!

Anywho, long intros aside, I chose Moon River this month because I utterly adore the song and found the fingerstyle arrangement to be far to pretty to pass up.

simonalexander
    Participant

I’m a premium member.

Well done everyone with your submissions this month. I’ve really enjoyed seeing and hearing you all.

Here’s my attempt at Matt’s lovely version of Moon River. I love how this simple arrangement still allows you to inject so much emotion into the beautiful melody. I’ve opted for an “unswung” rhythm, I’m afraid because I like the original so much. But I’ve still really enjoyed listening to all you “swingers” too! 😉

felixhchan
    Participant

I Am Premium Member

I am a new premium member and am excited to be part of this challenge.

Here is my submission:

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by felixhchan. Reason: Editing the URL
    kidelozzi
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my submission of Moon River for the October 2021 Member Challenge:

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by kidelozzi.
    lhamilton
    Participant

Hi,

I worked on Blue Moon this month. I made a few small changes — adding a whistling section.

Linda
    I am a premium member.

lisadmh
    Participant

It’s too late for me to edit, but

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 252 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.