Participate in the October 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 252 total)
  • Author
    clempek
    Participant

@simonalexander so smouth, I love your performance !

simonalexander
    Participant

Thank you so much @clempek I really enjoyed playing it too. 🙂

lbilkie
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

One of my favorite songs and I’m not done practicing this. After reviewing this recording I think it sounds like I’m attacking my uke! I am now practicing thumbing it for a softer tone, but thought I’d better get something uploaded so as to not wait till the last minute.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by lbilkie.
    saiyara

I am a premium member 🤘

Here’s my submission for the October challenge, Moon River! A big thank you to Matt and RC101 for this beautiful arrangement. It’s one of my most favorite songs ever.

robinl
    Participant

Hi everyone, here is my submission for the October challenge, I learned Blue Moon.

simonalexander
    Participant

REALLY nice @robinl

gi_gi_
    Participant

@simonalexander that was fantastic. Really enjoyed the dynamics you applied to your playing.

@bethany_guardiani
    enjoyed that. How did you record it? Beautiful uke.

@seoulkim
    Very nice. Don’t give up.

@henri0
    very nice dedication.

Loving all the uploads and purty ukes.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by gi_gi_.
    jbmills07
    Participant

BRAND NEW to rock class 101 premium member features and I’m attempting to learn how to post my YouTube video! I hope this works! And if it does, I hope you enjoy! 🙂
    Thank you!

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Andrew. Reason: PM Added
    lynnzo
    Participant

Hi, I have a low G so I changed the tabs from an open 4th string to the 3rd fret on the second string. It’s a little cluncky, for some reason I get nervous when I record myself.

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

patdrehu
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MENBER

Hello ukefolks ! Here is my first participation on RockClass101 ! I’ve choosed “Moon River”.

It is not my best play, I’m always a bit stressed in front of the camera and it’s difficult to stay concentrated, you sure know what I mean…

Thank you to everyone, so inspiring…
    Patrice / New-Caledonia

jayton
    Participant

Hi,

Loved learning Moon River. I automatically start searching for background info when I learn a song and I enjoyed reading/listening more about this absolute classic.

Premium Member

Regards,
    Jay

joelnal

Happy October! Here’s my video for Moon River. I’ve been working on using a softer touch and this video shows I still have a way to go on that, especially in the strums. Overall I really enjoyed learning this.

I am a premium member.

Thanks!
    Joel

Andrew
    Keymaster

Here’s everyone on Page 6 and 7.

rafaela – Elegantly played, absolutely beautiful 🙂

joe150 – Great job, Joe! I’d like you to try playing along with Matt in the tab player. That should help keep you in time. Try 4 bar sections at a time and build it from there.

patricia81 – Well done! So I’m hearing a little bit of hesitation in some sections. But it sounds like something that can be fixed with a little bit more practice. So I’d listen back to your performance and target your practice in the areas where you’re hearing pauses.

whollyprofit – Your feel at the end of the pre-chorus going into the chorus is amazing! Great playing and singing all around 🙂

mademoiselleannette – This is the best performance I’ve heard from you, Annette! Beautiful playing with accents, dynamics, & rubato. Well done, keep up the great work!

clempek – Excellent playing! But I do have one suggestion. Try slowing the tempo down a little bit. This is one of those pieces where the music breathes and flows the best at a slow pace.

kpurdy
    Participant

I am a premium member

Wow this was a challenge for me! I am four months into learning the ukulele and really enjoying it. This is a beautiful song and I wish I could play it a lot smoother but I’m pretty proud I got this far. Thanks for listening!
    Kirsten

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Andrew. Reason: Embedded Video
    clempek
    Participant

@Andrew i totally agree. Thx for the feedback 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 252 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.