Participate in the October 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    lhamilton
    Participant

Hi,

This month I tried Into the Night. I liked the electric sound so moved it to my low-G Flight.

Linda
    I am a premium member.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by lhamilton.
    leslieb
    Participant

Premium Member

This was a fun piece and gave me a chance to practice pull offs and hammer ons. I find both very challenging to do consistently.

Thank you for these challenges!

Life is good,
    Leslie

denisedistefano
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I chose Morning Dew for my monthly challenge entry. I still have some places to smooth out, but feel good about getting them all in time. Thanks for another great learning piece, @Andrew, and a fun piece to play!

yukalele
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Sorry, forgot to say that in the video post.

rgillof
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my try at Morning Dew. As usual, if I only had another month to practice . . . . And congratulations Andrew on your 10 year anniversary!

morrieuke1
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Great performances so far this month, especially Brett I always love watching and listening to your twist on the songs-well done!

I picked Little Trouble in Big China this month, I was drawn to the In scale, such an interesting song and great composition-thanks Drew. AJ nice job on the performance track, I enjoyed playing along to it. ~Mike

katazumiri
    Participant

@The_Bumble_Bard Oh, turn off the fan before recording! A familiar problem.
    But I don’t have a fan, I have a wall clock.
    I have to take the clock out of the room because it ticks louder than the U-Bass.

I couldn’t have done anything in three days. I started working on “The Hourglass” on September 15, when it was posted on YouTube. So I had 18 days. In addition, I recorded at 75% speed.

If I think about it… At 100% speed, and even while waiting for pizza, my entry would most likely be similar to yours 🙂

And here I have a question: what would happen if you reduced the speed to 75%?

bibilele
    Participant

@Andrew, thank you for showcasing the take of my daughter and me in the newsletter. She is really excited about it. ❤ Now she tracks how often the video is being watched in Youtube. 😂

noemie
    Participant

Hi everyone, I’m Noémie, and I’m back to challenge myself 😉
    I am not a premium member and I am participating in the October challenge with the fingerpicking etude :

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@katazumiri, ha, that’s not the first time I forgot to turn off a fan while recording. 😅😶 I feel like a ticking clock could really be way more distracting because you’re obvs trying to match a rhythm and I don’t know what the exact rhythm of a clock is; unlikely that it would match. 😅

I did practice a bit more than three days, but not as much as I should’ve with the track perhaps because that was quite a different experience. Way more pressure to keep up and I messed up even more than usual. I probably should’ve gotten a few more takes because I know I would’ve done better with the fingerpicking parts for sure, which I actually was pretty okay with until the track started going. 😂 Yes, I thought about 75% speed, maybe next time I’ll try that, too. I had to track the pizza too because I couldn’t hear the front door from where I was. 😅😂😅😳😔 Maybe I should’ve waited to record, but it has turned out to be one of my last chance to record it. 😅🍕😔

I’m not surprised you started your entry then because there was so much involved and it turned out really great. 😊

june2020

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    I took the easier path this month and recorded a new version of Haunted Uke. I really like this song and it is good practice for counting. I find bars 15 & 16 most challenging to get the timing correct.
    Happy Halloween!

nelsonlin2021
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Loved learning this melody and performing alongside the band. I don’t think I hit the rhythm quite right with Melody B around bars 15 & 16. It was pretty challenging with chunking/muting but loved the sound and energy even though it’s supporting the guitar play. My Melody C rhythm could also be tighter. As always, i appreciate any feedback and improvement tips.

jgillard
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Nothing like waiting till the last minute to learn a song for a monthly member challenge.. LOL..
    Enjoy..

dorabr
    Participant

Not so smooth as I’ve been practicing it but I’ll take it and that’s my entry. Thanks Andrew for this opportunity and for the feedbacks that make me grow as a player. Thank you!

ccwuke
    Participant

I Am a PREMIUM MEMBER

Running out of time this month, here’s a quick, late night, low-fi recording of Morning Dew

Chris

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.