Participate in the October 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    nat-uke
    Participant

I am a PREMIUM MEMBER.

I went with Haunted Uke – it was tougher than it looked with the timing, hammer ons, pulls offs, slides, vibrato. I liked learning what the little slash through the note meant in the score on the slides too – 🙂

Excited to see what the Nov choices will be. Again, this month’s song is not a style I would have even looked at before, so these challenges are fun to keep things different from what I normally gravitate to.

potter
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Still thinking of myself as a beginner so I went with Fingerpicking Edude no. 25 “Morning Dew”. Those hammer-ons are indeed a challenge!

Everyone’s entries are a great source of inspiration and motivation to keep on strumming and plucking away. Thank you Andrew and everyone in this wonderful community.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by potter.
    ukandrea
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Best, Andrea

richard_siegert
    Participant

I am a Premium Member

Hello there,

A Little more practice would have been useful😅. Hopefully I can practice more in November!

karenj
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s my October submission of Etude no. 25: Morning Dew. I just love this beautiful melody. And it was also good to work on my hammer-ons and pull-offs. I did spend a ton of time on Little Trouble in Big China. It was fun to learn and I was plugging away at it, but at some point I realized I wouldn’t be ready to submit by the end of the month and thus switched to Morning Dew.

Thanks again to the RC 101 team and members. Another month of great submissions! Wow! And congratulations on 10 YEARS!

Take care,
    Karen

annemarie
    Participant

annemarie
    Participant

I forgot to mention that I am a premium member☺️

joe150
    Participant

I am a premium member

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by joe150. Reason: frist video not show
    dianna
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Well, It’s quite late, Happy Halloween…..great entries everyone….I’ve been enjoying them. This month I worked on Little Trouble in Big China. Such a cool little tune, with all sorts of fun little techniques to practice. Always so grateful to Rock Class 101 for this amazing ukulele repertoire.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by dianna.
    kaski85
    Participant

Morning Dew – October 2023 Challenge

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Thank you for another great challenge. I attempted the Morning Dew song, which proved harder than advertised. I tried to match the 110bpm for once, but not sure I managed to keep pace.

Thanks again!

yukalele
    Participant

Hi @kaski85

Your YouTube video tells me it’s private so I can’t see it!

kaski85
    Participant

Hi @yukalele, thank you for the head’s up! I just changed it to public. Hope it works now.

annemarie
    Participant

I love the backdrop, Dianna🎃

dianna
    Participant

Thanks @annemarie…..I was trying to get a Big China/Halloween vibe….I used the image even though it has ‘freepix’ stamped all over it🤪……

janaq1
    Participant

I Am a PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi, I chose The Hourglass this month. It’s fun to play with a band.

Andrew, congratulations on the ten year anniversary of RockClass101! And thank you for creating this for us. It’s awesome.

Jana

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.