Song suggestions?

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Song suggestions?

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 127 replies, has 57 voices, and was last updated by  lyndallk 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • Author

dnourie

I love the style of playing in these tutorials! Can you also do a tutorial on the West World theme songs? It’s beautiful and amazing. Thank you!

robinboyd
    Participant

So, I was thinking the same thing a while ago, and a nice man named Campbell created these tabs for me.

However, there are 2 issues with them.

1. The uke does not have enough tonal range to do this properly, even with a low G, so there are a few bits that sound odd. I’m thinking specifically of the second measure.

2. The actual melody gets really lost in all the harmonies.

I figured out that I can solve both issues by adapting the tab for my guitarlele and getting my wife to play the melody line on her uke, but I kind of lost impetus half-way through doing this. It’s one of those things that I’ll return to one day.

In the mean time, I hope the tab is helpful.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

becky7777
    Participant

OK since I know you hate cliche songs here’s one that isn’t so much. (And if it is, cliche be darned!!)

Goodbye Blue Sky – Pink Floyd

A fingerstyle arrangement for low G would be amazing and uke-able. WE (I, lol) NEED a good Floyd song…. Please, please, please?

(See? Pretty. And doesn’t sound too hard.)

rickeymike
    Participant

Instead of saying goodbye to Blue Sky let’s say Hello, Mr. Blue Sky. Always a pick-me-up whenever I hear it. When I get really good at strumming, I might give this a try and I’ll change the lyric to “Hey there, Mr. Drew” ha

becky7777
    Participant

Ricky- NO! NOT instead of! 😱 I’m learning so many obscure songs I don’t know already! And The Wall is as classic as any Beatles song! Don’t be hating on my request because it’s powerful. 😂 (Or I’ll change Dream back to Spanish on you! LOL!)

rickeymike
    Participant

Love The Wall. Love Another Brick in the Wall. My last Pink Floyd album was on 8 track? If you change Dream back to Espanol then I’ll make lemonade from lemons and I’ll add Castanets to my part. LOL……nobody knows what we’re talking about.

wesjinings
    Participant

How about Tranz by The Gorillaz, or Big Iron by Marty Robins?

lyndallk
    Participant

Hi Andrew. More Taimane songs please.

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.